Pete Checchia enjoys a diverse career both as a highly esteemed freelance and studio photographer as well as an acclaimed multi-disciplinary exhibiting visual artist.
• Checchia’s fine art works draws imagery from his extensive documentation of the classical music world with clients that include Carnegie Hall, the Philadelphia Orchestra, Curtis Institute of Music and the Marlboro Music Festival.
• His art also draws imagery from his extensive travels in Europe, Asia and across the States.
• His library of imagery from which he creates the Dreamscape works also includes his lifelong studio figure studies with models mixed with architectural imagery and street photography.
• In addition to his Dreamscapes hIs current artistic explorations include The Collaborative Selfie Project, Expressionistic Music Montages and his DeMelas/Checchia collaborative duo work with painter/artist Anthony DeMelas.
• Over the years Checchia’s art endeavors include installation art, muli-media displays, video art, photographic constructions and manipulated photographs.
• In Checchia’s early years he enjoyed a decade long association with the vaunted Philadelphia arts cooperative Vox Populi as well as a three year artists residence at Creative Artists Network/CFEVA.
• His work has been recognized for exhibition by a wide array of arts jurors and dignitaries which include Mark Rosenthal (curator for the Guggenheim), Ilana Schmidt and Chris Dean (Schmidt/Dean Gallery), Lisa Panzera (Levy Gallery at Moore College), and Thora Jacobsen (Fleischer Art Memorial exec. Director). Sande Webster (Sandy Webster Gallery), the Kohler Art Center, Sheboygan WI for “Stretching The Truth” an exhibition of artists credited with expanding the boundaries of traditional photography.
• His artwork is in numerous private and institutional collections such as the CHEB Museum of Art (Czech Republic), Carnegie Hall (Archives and ongoing exhibitions), Brutten Herrick Collection (Art and Antiques 100 Top Collections), Martin H. McNamara (339 Gallery, his private collection). The Curtis Institute of Music. RAREculture (Brooklyn NY), Hilton Hotel (Philadelphia), Gio Pronto Restaurant (mural)
• Work is available through Pierre Noel Creativ contemporary art dealer, Pentimenti Gallery in Philadelphia (DeMelas/Checchia work), James Oliver Gallery in Philadelphia, Fresh Paint Art Consultants Culver City CA, Pearl Arts NY, Zenfolio online arts hub, and through contacting Pete Checchia Photography and Arts.
Recent solo and prestigious group shows include James Oliver Gallery, Philadelphia, Proximity Gallery, Philadelphia, Kohler Art Center, Sheboygan WI, New York City Library at Lincoln Center, Drury Gallery Marlboro College VT, Zankel Hall at Carnegie, NY (on exhibit now), Pearl Art Gallery, Stone Ridge NY, Fresh Paint Gallery, Culver City CA., Marlboro Guild Theater Gallery at the Marlboro Music Festival, The Open Lens Gallery at the Gershwin Y, Philadelphia.
Images copyright © Pete Checchia
Copyright © 2000–2016InLiquid.org