Thank you for your interest in participating at InLiquid’s 15th annual Art for the Cash Poor event.
Please read all the info below carefully before applying.
WHEN AND WHERE?
Crane Arts Building, 1400 N. American Street, Philadelphia
*There is an additional ticketed preview on Friday, June 13, 5:30 – 9 pm. The Friday Night Preview is open to the public $30 or a date night special two for $50, with light refreshments and entertainment. A portion of the proceeds is to benefit AIDS Fund.
What is Art for the Cash Poor?
Art for the Cash Poor, is a fabulous annual block party-style event that allows you the chance to show and sell your work directly to the public in a lively social atmosphere, that includes live music, great food, and libations. Average attendance is 2,000 visitors on Saturday + Sunday each day.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Art for the Cash Poor is open to artists, designers, and crafters who make and produce their own work. All work is to be sold for $199 and below.
All participants are screened for quality and how they fit in with the event, submission does not guarantee acceptance. Artists may share a booth space at a discounted rate per each artist, each artist must be screened and accepted individually (we will not match artists for shared spaces).
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PARTICIPATE?
|InLiquid Creative Members space fee||InLiquid Creative Members shared space fee|
|Full weekend: Friday Preview, Saturday + Sunday||$160||Full weekend: Friday Preview, Saturday + Sunday||$128|
|Saturday + Sunday||$160||Saturday + Sunday||$128|
|Friday + Saturday||$80||Friday + Saturday||$64|
|Friday + Sunday||$80||Friday + Sunday||$64|
|Saturday only||$80||Saturday only||$64|
|Sunday only||$80||Sunday only||$64|
|Non-InLiquid Creative Members space fee||Non-InLiquid Creative Members shared space fee|
|Full weekend: Friday Preview, Saturday + Sunday||$200||Full weekend: Friday Preview, Saturday + Sunday||$160|
|Saturday + Sunday||$200||Saturday + Sunday||$160|
|Friday + Saturday||$100||Friday + Saturday||$80|
|Friday + Sunday||$100||Friday + Sunday||$80|
|Saturday only||$100||Saturday only||$80|
|Sunday only||$100||Sunday only||$80|
Participants may signup for either the full weekend or an individual day. The Preview Night is free to participate, but to signup you must be participating Saturday and/or Sunday. Spaces are limited on Friday, and set-up on Friday will be inside the Icebox only (you may sign-up for an outside space on Saturday and/or Sunday and still do Friday inside – just be aware it is a smaller set-up space).
There is a non-refundable $10 submission fee that is due at the time of submission, this cost will be deducted from your participation fee upon acceptance. This fee covers the administrative costs associated with screening the event.
|WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PARTICIPATION FEES?
• 20 event postcards/flyers, as well as a jpeg announcement and web graphics
provided by InLiquid
• Event publicity by InLiquid including: postcard mailing, press release, social media,
ads, and more!
• A web feature, which will include your name, sample image of your work, linked to your
web site if included on your application.
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS?
• Inside spaces are located in the Ice Box Project Space and the Grey Area. These spaces are approximately 6′ x 7′
(depth by width).
• Outside spaces are located in the Green Space. These spaces are 10′ x 10′ (depth by width). Please note, the outside area will not be tented by us, but participants wishing to set-up outside must provide their own tent. The outside area is concrete, so tents must be stand alone, weighted, and the total set up must not exceed ten by ten feet.
• Set up for the Friday Night Preview begins at 2 pm and must be completed by 5 pm
• Saturday and Sunday set-up begins at 10 am and must be completed by 11:30 am. Please do not come expecting to set-up prior to 10 am; we are still getting things in place to make the day run smoother and coordinating with our volunteers.
• Breakdown may only commence after the day is over (6 pm on Saturday or Sunday, and 9 pm on Friday). See below for participants doing consecutive days.
• NEW!! InLiquid is no longer providing a table for all participants. Participants may chose to rent a table through InLiquid in advance. This will allow participants to be more creative within their designated setup space. Please remember inside set-up may not exceed 7 ft wide by 6 ft deep.
WHAT ARE MY ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Pre-event set-up and post-event clean-up of individual space.
• Properly manage booth at all times during the course of the event.
• Make sure that all displays and other materials are set up in a manner that does not disturb the aisles or exhibits in
adjacent booths, either physically or visually.
• Bringing tables and chairs (unless rented through InLiquid)
No table or other set-up materials should exceed the space provided for you.
• Bringing tablecloths, free standing display racks and walls if necessary (there is no guarantee that you will be given
a space near a wall, and there is no easy way to display stuff on the walls of super thick concrete), etc.
• Provide your own change for purchases.
• Provide any bags or necessary materials to wrap your work.
• Participants doing consecutive days inside may leave their stuff set-up overnight. Participants doing consecutive days
outside, may store their stuff inside overnight in a designated area, tents must be lowered and weighted if left out.
OKAY, NOW I HAVE THE DETAILS, HOW DO I APPLY?
Reservations must be submitted for screening by Monday, April 21, along with a $10 non-refundable submission fee. It is important that you reserve by the specified deadline. Space is limited. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Once accepted, your full participation fee is due no later than Friday, May 3.
Cancellations must be received by May 19 to be eligible for a refund (minus the submission fee), no exceptions. Participants will not be reimbursed for any participation fees after May 19, 2014, regardless of inclement weather.
InLiquid and the Crane Arts Building take no responsibility for artists’ goods before, during, or after the event.
About the Preview Beneficiaries:
*AIDS Fund produces a variety of fundraising and awareness programs throughout the year, including AIDS Walk Philly, AIDS Run Philly, GayBINGO!, Black-Tie GayBINGO!, World AIDS Day, and Workplace Giving Campaigns. The AIDS Fund grant program supports partner organizations in the Philadelphia Region that provide AIDS and HIV-related services, education, and prevention including increasing public awareness of HIV/AIDS issues. AIDS Fund is also the Philadelphia affiliate of The Names Project, curating panels of The AIDS Memorial Quilt for a local audience.
**InLiquid is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to creating opportunities and exposure for visual artists while serving as a free, online public hub for arts information in the Philadelphia area. By providing the public with immediate access to view the portfolios and credentials of over 280 artists and designers via the internet; through meaningful partnerships with other cultural organizations; through community-based activities and exhibitions; and through an extensive online body of timely art information, InLiquid brings to light the richness of our region’s art activity, broadens audiences, and heightens appreciation for all forms of visual culture.