Deadline: March 1, 2017
Keyholder Residency Program
Lower East Side Printshop, NY, offers emerging artists FREE year-long studio residencies to develop new work and foster their artistic careers. The application deadline is March 1, 2017 for residencies that begin on April 1, 2017. Printmaking facilities are available for intaglio, relief, monoprint, waterbased silkscreen, digital processes, and other techniques that employ the tools at hand.
Keyholders work independently in the Printshop’s shared Artists’ Studio and have access to a vibrant community of peers. Artists from all disciplines are eligible to apply; printmaking skills are not required, but some familiarity with the medium is recommended. Basic instruction in printmaking and some Master Printer assistance is included in the program.
Participation is limited and competitive. Applications are evaluated by a panel of seasoned artists, curators, and art professionals based on the quality of submitted artwork. Artists currently without a studio space are encouraged to apply.
Keyholder Residency includes:
· free 24/7, one-year access to a shared studio with printmaking facilities
· $1,000 stipend
· free instruction in printmaking
· free career development workshops and salons
· exhibition opportunities
· Only legal US residents may apply (i.e., Social Security cardholders)
· Students enrolled in any kind of degree program at the time of the residency are not eligible
· Keyholder Residencies are limited to emerging artists only. The Printshop defines emerging artists as under-recognized and under-represented artists in early stages in their careers
Apply online: http://www.printshop.org/keyholder-residencies/
For more information contact: 212-673-5390 or firstname.lastname@example.org