Listings for visual arts-related employment opportunities in the Philadelphia region
Deadline October 4: The Philadelphia Mural Arts Program is a public private partnership dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. We create art with others to transform places, individuals, communities and institutions. Through this work, we establish new standards of excellence in the practice of public and contemporary art. Our process empowers artists to be change agents, stimulates dialogue about critical issues, and builds bridges of connection and understanding. Our work is created in service of a larger movement that values equity, fairness and progress across all of society. We listen with empathetic ears to understand the aspirations of our partners and participants. And through beautiful collaborative art, we provide people with the inspiration and tools to seize their own future.
Annually we engage more than 25,000 people in our work. This includes more than 2,000 who enroll in ongoing art and muralism workshops offered by our Art Education, Restorative Justice, and Porch Light programs; more than 8,000 who co-create our stunning works of public art; and more than 15,000 who tour our multi-neighborhood collection. Annually, we produce between 50 and 100 temporary and permanent pieces which together tell an incredible story of Philadelphia’s beauty and resilience.
The Philadelphia Mural Arts Program is seeking a Marketing and Special Events Manager to be part of its Communications team. The Communications team is comprised of marketing professionals who implement the communications strategy designed to engage the public and propel our organization’s mission. We engage 25,000 people annually through various programs and activities. The department is responsible for promoting and communicating the impact of each facet of the organization within the framework of the newly adopted strategic plan and the parameters and discipline of the organization’s brand guidelines. Through excellent support for program and fundraising divisions, the Communications and Brand Marketing Department maximizes messaging clarity and impact, always positioning the Mural Arts Program as a world leader in public art and civic engagement and social transformation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop marketing materials to advance the organizational mission and promote programs, projects, activities and events.
• Coordinate the design of print collateral including but not limited to: flyers, postcards, posters, brochures, signage, advertisements, logos, invitations, newsletters, etc.
• Build a cohesive and comprehensive communications program for each event or initiative that builds on the brand equity created by prior communications and lays the foundation for even greater effectiveness with every forthcoming message
• Plan and implement special events
• Submit event information to media outlets, partner organizations, and other relevant listings
• Write blog entries, newsletter stories, manage e-blast details, and create collateral content
• Manage mailings and distribution
• Coordinate research on how marketing campaigns perform
• Strategic thinker with experience in strategy formulation and message development
• Creative problem solving
• Excellent communication skills: oral, written and listening for engaging with a broad range of people
• Ability to manage a budget
• Results oriented
• Strong sense of design and familiarity with the production side of various media is preferred
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, constituents and external partners
• Knowledge of new and emerging media
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks
• Must be able to attend evening and weekend events when required
• A BA or BS in related field, or equivalent experience and knowledge
• Minimum of three years of experience in communications, marketing
• Event planning experience is a plus
• Driver’s license and access to a vehicle, since local travel is required
• Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Design Suite and email marketing software
Salary: Competitive compensation, including health and dental benefits.
For further information on the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program, please visit www.muralarts.org.
Please provide cover letter with salary requirement, resume, and references by October 4th at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listing Expires: 10/05/2014
No deadline: Penn State Abington is looking for nude figure models for intermediate and advanced figure drawing classes. Experience is required. Looking for all physiques, ages, genders, etc. Availability M/W afternoons from 3:30 – 7pm beginning late August. Pay rate is $15/hour. Please direct inquiries to Aubrey at email@example.com.