Deadline April 22:
The Philadelphia Mural Arts Program is offering six internships during the summer of 2015. The internships will offer students the opportunity to develop skills in public art management by way of an extensive inventory and conditions assessment of the extensive number of murals throughout the city. Interns will work in teams of two under the supervision of Mural Arts staff and consulting conservator to enter information into a database using computer tablets.
This important project results from a strategic plan and associated stewardship study in 2013. It marks the beginning of a process of collecting and organizing data about the collection. Interns will gain valuable field experience in public art and collections management, preservation and conservation, and information management.
This eight -week internship will begin on May 18, 2015 and end on July 10, 2015.
Access to a car is needed by one member of each team.
Mileage will be reimbursed.
Required Abilities and Interests:
• Ability to work accurately and efficiently in the field as a member of a team.
• Physical stamina to work 8 hours /day out of doors in various summer weather conditions
• Familiarity with data entry
• Interest in public art, collections management, and murals
• Familiarity with computer tablets
Additional Desired Abilities
• Knowledge of the City of Philadelphia
• Knowledge of mural painting materials and techniques
• Interest in art, especially public art
• Interest in art and architectural conservation and historic preservation
Please enclose a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 22, 2015. If you have questions about the opportunity, please email email@example.com with Subject: “Mural Arts Summer Survey”.