Art Partners Studio is ART central in Coatesville! The Studio engages a diverse community of all ages with programs in the heart of the City and across an art network in townships served by the Coatesville Area School District. (www.artpartnersstudio.org)
A new downtown Studio boasts a media lab with iMacs, cameras, inkjet/laser printers, and Adobe Creative Suite. Two other spaces are set for a variety of visual arts classes from drawing & painting to mixed media, printmaking, airbrush, and interdisciplinary project-based art-learning.
The Studio is seeking artists with a commitment to, and experience teaching, youth—artists who will help us create a more dynamic youth art program that move from more traditional curricula to:
• Art Books (pop-up books, comics, graphic stories)
• Digital Imaging/Graphic Design (basic Adobe Creative Suite for personal/community projects)
• Drawing & Painting (studio art, cartooning, murals)
• Interdisciplinary Mash-Ups (morphing the tradition of portraiture to digital age selfies)
• Movies/Video (story boards, shooting, editing, “green screens”, post-production)
• Performance (fashion, face painting, body sculpture, pageantry like Nick Cave Soundsuits)
• Photography (street photos, self portraits like Cindy Sherman, prom photos like Marks)
• Printmaking (monoprints, digital pattern transfers, stencils, screen printing like WPA posters)
• Street Art (airbrush tag boards, large-scale wheat paste photo murals, yarn-bombing)
• Superheroes! (2-D animation, Claymation, stop-motion, 3D animation with Blender)
If any of these areas resonate for you as an artist and/or teaching artist, let us know. We have positions available for winter and spring sessions, plus summer art camps. We are looking for artists who will:
• Create lesson plans and curricula to generate positive artistic experiences, enthusiasm for learning, and skills building among youth
• Teach professional artistic practices, techniques, and concepts
• Demonstrate strong classroom management skills
• Previous teaching experience with urban youth
• BFA, MFA, or equivalent arts education degree and/or teaching experience
• Up-to-date clearance certificates: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Background Check
• Car is essential
Compensation & Scheduling
• Teaching artists are compensated for classroom time plus extra for prep/cleanup.
• Compensation will be determined based on experience.
• Since APS is 45 miles west of Philadelphia, multiple teaching opportunities on any given day are possible to justify distance traveled and time away from your studio.
• Attendance at interim faculty meetings (either before or after a session) is required.
How to Apply
For consideration, please send your bio, teaching artist statement, resume, and work samples (or website linking to all information) to firstname.lastname@example.org with Artist Search and your name in the subject line.
Art Partners Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We seek diversity among our teaching faculty that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.