Deadline June 1: The Museum Council of Greater Philadelphia is pleased to announce a request for applications to the Gretchen Worden Memorial Award, a $500 stipend awarded to a cultural professional to attend a national or regional conference. The stipend, which is generously supported by the Franklin Institute, is named in honor of Gretchen Worden, who spent her career at the Mütter Museum of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia and was an avid supporter of local, national, and international professional organizations.
• Applicant must be a current Museum Council member. If you are not a current member, visit our Membership page to join.
• Awardees must commit to attend the Museum Council’s Annual Meeting on June 30, 2016.
• Awardee must complete a brief report on their experience within 30 days of completion of the conference, and provide information for use in Museum Council’s marketing and promotional materials.
• Conference must take place between July 1, 2016 and June 1, 2017.
• Funds may be used for travel, lodging, and conference registration costs.
• Application deadline is June 1, 2016.
• Applications will be reviewed by the Museum Council board and the awardee will be notified in advance of the Annual Meeting on June 30, 2016.
• Awardee will be recognized at the Annual Meeting.
Click here to begin your application for the Gretchen Worden Memorial Award.
Questions? Contact Jamie Hughes, Museum Council Treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.