Deadline May 4: Mural Arts is seeking a Communications Manager to be part of its Communications and Brand Marketing team. This team implements the communications strategy designed to engage the public and propel our organization’s mission, and is responsible for promoting and communicating the impact of each facet of the organization within the parameters and discipline of the organization’s brand guidelines. Through excellent support for program and fundraising divisions, the Communications and Brand Marketing department maximizes messaging clarity and impact, always positioning Mural Arts as a world leader in public art and civic engagement and social transformation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Write and edit copy for website, blog, e-blasts, newsletter, postcards, and other marketing materials, both print and digital
• Define and execute editorial narratives and vision for larger communications projects such as the newsletter and blog
• Develop short- and long-term goals for audience engagement, as well as tactics for meeting said goals
• Write for occasional public relations work, including press releases and media advisories
• Proofread copy and maintain house style on behalf of the department and Mural Arts staff
• Research emerging tactics and best practices in the communications field
• Brainstorm and implement creative and dynamic means of storytelling and conveying information with other team members, e.g. videos, infographics, apps, and other platforms
• Manage communications interns and any external writers or editors engaged in larger communications projects
• Contribute to event planning and management across the organization
• Ability to write for a variety of communications platforms and for various audience and stakeholder groups
• Understanding of storytelling with regards to marketing and communications
• Excellent communication skills: oral, written, and listening
• General experience and interest in event logistics and management
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks
• Prior experience with managing budgets
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, constituents, and external partners
• Must be able to attend evening and weekend events when required
• A BA or BS in related field, or equivalent experience and knowledge
• Minimum of four years of experience in editorial, journalism, and/or marketing fields, ideally with a focus in arts and culture
• Extensive copy writing experience is preferred
• Event planning and management experience is ideal
• Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is ideal
• Proficiency with MS Office is required. Experience using Adobe Design Suite and email marketing software a plus
Salary: Competitive compensation in the low- to mid-40s, depending on experience, plus comprehensive health and dental benefits.
For further information on the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program, please visit www.muralarts.org.
Please provide cover letter with resume and references by Monday, May 4th to email@example.com.