We are seeking a freelance Web Designer with at least 3 years of experience. The candidate will work under the direction of the Blinebury Design team on the design and implementation of website projects. This position requires website graphic and UI design experience. Experience in front-end development with HTML and CSS is preferred, but not required (this is not a development position). The candidate can expect up to 20 hours per month (starting date: approximately early March 2016).
• create wireframes & sample page prototypes
• designing icons and additional web graphics
• producing client presentations
• organizing & resizing client content including digital images
• working in WordPress setting up pages & migrating content
• Portfolio of work demonstrating design principles and technical expertise
• 3+ years experience working in graphic and web design
• basic understanding of HTML and CSS
• Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop)
• Understanding of web standards and best practices
• Familiarity with WordPress software
About Blinebury Design:
• Our team is small and we’re looking for someone who fits in with both our aesthetic and work style.
• We are based in East Kensington. This position is remote, so you can work wherever you are comfortable. We will want to meet up occasionally to discuss projects in person (over beers). We may also ask you to accompany us to client meetings and presentations.
• We hate terms like “rock star” and “ninja” when it comes to design and development. We are philosophers of the great Mike Monteiro and we try to live by the guidelines he lays out inDesign is a Job. We are seeking a designer who can translate client needs and user analytics into great visual communication.
• If you like dogs, we have two big furry interns who enjoy pets. If you’re a cat person, we won’t hold that against you.
To Apply, please visit http://blineburydesign.com/job-web-designer/