A Philadelphia art gallery seeks an organized, nimble and dynamic Gallery Assistant to support the daily operations of the gallery. It is a part-time position – 2 days per week + extra hours. This position will cover a wide array of administrative duty with a focus on coordinating exhibitions.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
– Install exhibitions in gallery space, with assistance from the Director.
– Coordinate drop off and pick up dates for artworks. Communicate with exhibiting artists or groups to help organize exhibitions and special events.
– Assist with promoting and marketing the gallery exhibitions and programs.
– Assist with art receptions and events.
– General office management – graphic design for the gallery programs and exhibitions, social media campaigns, responding to inquiries, other administrative tasks.
Applicant should possess: an art knowledge in fine arts, strong computer skills, experience with art handling, packing and installation, and enjoy working with people. Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing program experience is preferable.
Please provide cover letter with salary requirements, resume and references by August 18 to the Gallery Director at firstname.lastname@example.org