Deadline March 27: Mural Arts Education partners with the Philadelphia Youth Network’s (PYN) Work Ready Program to provide summer programming and employment opportunities for youth enrolled in the Art Education program. Youth work in teams at sites across Philadelphia with Teaching Artists on various large or small scale mural projects. Mural Arts seeks a Work Ready Program Monitor to complete the logistical coordination required to be a part of the PYN summer program.
• Contacting interested students and/or their parents to schedule appointments to complete the paperwork enrollment process.
• Maintain contact with PYN to stay abreast of any updates in the enrollment process and general programming.
• Maintaining electronic and paper student enrollment and payroll files for MAP and PYN.
• Serve as liaison for PYN and MAP for all site visits by program monitors.
• Ensure that sites are running in compliance with PYN standards.
• Visit all sites weekly.
• Provide regular reports and meet with MAP staff weekly.
This temporary, part-time position will run 20 hours/week, from April to mid-August – mostly afternoons and evenings from mid-April to June, and mostly mornings and afternoons July through mid-August. A driver’s license with reliable vehicle or eligibility to join the Mural Arts Program Zip Car account and criminal and child abuse background checks are required for this position.
• Experience managing multiple work sites.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to respond well to changing demands in a fast paced work environment.
• Experience working with high school aged youth preferred.
• Excellent communication skills with a variety of student and peer staff members.
Send cover letter, resume and contact information for two references to email@example.com by March 27th 2015 with “Work Ready Program Monitor” in the subject line. No phone calls please.