Deadline October 18: Arch Enemy Arts in Philadelphia, PA announces a CALL TO ARTISTS for a juried group exhibition scheduled to hang November 6th to December 1st, 2015. For this group show we’re looking for small works measuring 12″ (or smaller) and priced at $250 (or less). There is no subject theme requirements, only the size and price. Small art. Small prices.
Eligibility: The Small Wonders 4 Call To Artists is open to all artists ages 18+, regardless of location (which means international submissions are most certainly welcome). Accepted mediums: painting, drawing, mixed media, and sculpture (free standing or wall hangable).
* Sunday, 10/18/15 – Submission Deadline (all submissions & payments must be received by MIDNIGHT on this date)
* Tuesday, 10/20/15 – Notification of accepted artwork via email
* Wednesday, 10/28/15 – Last day for accepted artwork drop off. All work MUST be received by this date.
* Friday, 11/06/15 – First Friday Opening Reception, 6-10pm
* Tuesday, 12/01/15 – Show closing date
Before you submit please keep in mind, Arch Enemy Arts is a gallery dedicated to new contemporary work with a strong focus on pop-surrealism, lowbrow, photo-realism, figurative, urban, macabre, narrative, and illustrative styles of art. For examples, many of our past shows can be viewed at www.archenemyarts.com
Please be certain the piece(s) you submit are in excellent condition and displayed professionally for a gallery setting. Arch Enemy Arts maintains the right to exclude any piece even if it has been accepted for exhibition if it arrives damaged, if the condition or display of the work was misrepresented or withheld during submission.
1.) You may submit up to THREE pieces of available (for sale) current work fitting the show’s theme, size and price requirements. Images must be attached to your submission email in JPEG format and resized to 72 dpi with the shortest side measuring at least 500 pixels (images sized around 1000 pixels are best). DO NOT SUBMIT .ZIP FILES OR DROPBOX/GOOGLEDOC LINKS.
Please make sure your images are clear and your work is photographed against a white background.
Image files must be labeled as lastname.title.jpeg
2.) Please include the following information in the body of your submission email. Do not attach any documents or links containing this information. The only thing attached to your submission email should be images of your work.
* Artist Bio
* Resume/CV – listing education background, awards and achievements, exhibition history and any current/past gallery representation.
* Piece Description – explain the meaning and/or story behind each piece and how it relates to the theme of the exhibition.
* Inventory List – list an itemization of each piece submitted including: title, medium, dimensions, date, frame/display size and retail price (must include AEA’s 50% commission). Please make sure to include each piece’s price & exhibition history (if any).
3.) A $15 non-refundable curatorial fee is due with your submission email. The $15 will cover up to three pieces submitted in a package. You have two options to pay:
* Pay by CREDIT CARD. Call the gallery at 215.717.7774 during normal gallery hours (Wednesday – Sunday: 12-6pm).
* Pay by PAYPAL. Send payment to email@example.com
4.) Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line reading “SMALL WONDERS 4 SUBMISSION” – if you send your email with a different subject line, your email will be overlooked! PLEASE make sure you’ve followed ALL the directions exactly as listed as incomplete submission packages will not be reviewed or refunded.
** All submissions will be reviewed individually and evaluated for composition, originality, how well it fits the theme of the show, and other criteria. Every artist who submits will receive a response from us whether or not they are selected for this particular show. However, please keep in mind that this is not a portfolio review. Due to the volume of submissions it is not possible for us to provide a detailed critique of each artist’s work in response to their open-call submission. **
All questions regarding the submission process can be emailed to email@example.com.