Deadline October 17: Arch Enemy Arts in Philadelphia, PA announced a CALL TO ARTISTS for a juried group exhibition scheduled to hang November 7th to November 25th. For this group show we’re looking for smaller works measuring 12″ (or smaller) in any dimensions including frame/display, priced at $250 or less. There is no subject theme requirements, only the size and price limits.
10/17/14 – Submission Deadline (all submissions & payments must be received by this date)
10/20/14 – Notification of accepted artwork via email
10/29/14 – Last day for accepted artwork drop off. All work MUST be received by this date.
11/07/14 – First Friday Opening Reception, 6-10pm
11/25/14 – Show closing date
Before you submit please keep in mind, Arch Enemy Arts is a gallery dedicated to new contemporary work with a strong focus on pop-surrealism, lowbrow, photo-realism, figurative, urban, macabre, narrative, and illustrative styles of art. For examples, many of our past shows can be viewed at www.archenemyarts.com
Please be certain the piece(s) you submit are in excellent condition and displayed professionally for a gallery setting. Arch Enemy Arts maintains the right to exclude any piece even if it has been accepted for exhibition if it arrives damaged, if the condition or display of the work was misrepresented or withheld during submission.
1.) You may submit up to THREE pieces of available (for sale) current work fitting the show’s theme, size and price requirements. Images must be attached to your submission email in JPEG format and resized to 72 dpi with the shortest side measuring at least 500 pixels (images sized around 1000 pixels are best). DO NOT SUBMIT .ZIP FILES OR DROPBOX/GOOGLEDOC LINKS.
Please make sure your images are clear and your work is photographed against a white background.
Image files must be labeled as lastname.title.jpeg
2.) Please include the following information in the body of your submission email. Do not attach any documents or links containing this information. The only thing attached to your submission email should be images of your work.
* Artist Bio
* Resume/CV – listing education background, awards and achievements, exhibition history and any current/past gallery representation.
* Piece Description – explain the meaning and/or story behind each piece and how it relates to the theme of the exhibition.
* Inventory List – list an itemization of each piece submitted including: title, medium, dimensions, date, frame/display size and retail price (must include AEA’s 50% commission). Please make sure to include each piece’s price & exhibition history (if any).
3.) A $15 non-refundable curatorial fee is due with your submission email. The $15 will cover up to three pieces submitted in a package. You have two options to pay:
* Pay by CREDIT CARD. Call the gallery at 215.717.7774 during normal gallery hours (Wednesday – Sunday: 12-6pm).
* Pay by PAYPAL. Send payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
4.) Email your submissions to Lawren@galleryml.com with the subject line reading “NOVEMBER SMALL WONDERS SUBMISSION” – if you send your email with a different subject line, your email may be overlooked! PLEASE make sure you’ve followed ALL the directions exactly as listed as incomplete submission packages will not be reviewed or refunded.