Deadline March 23: The Penn Charter Triennial Art Show is coming April 8-14, 2016! Artists are encouraged to submit their work for the invitational group exhibition. The deadline for submissions is March 23, 2016 and specific instructions are below. This show gathers work by artists from Philadelphia and the surrounding region and the Penn Charter community is encouraged to share the invitaiton with artists and gallerists. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The William Penn Charter School, an independent, coeducational, Quaker school in Philadelphia, PA announces a call to artists for two or three-dimensional works in all media for an invitational group exhibition scheduled to hang April 8-14, 2016.
THEME: We encourage artists to submit work that interprets the theme of simplicity as it speaks to the artist.
ELIGIBILITY: The William Penn Charter School Triennial Art Show is open to artists ages 18+ who reside within 100 miles of Philadelphia.
Before you submit, please keep in mind that the William Penn Charter School is a Quaker, co-ed, Pre-K to grade 12, independent school. The Art Show is a community-wide event and all students will be encouraged to visit; therefore, the submitted work must be suitable for all ages. The Art Show Committee reserves the right to exclude any piece that may be construed as inappropriate. Further, we reserve the right to exclude any piece, even if it was previously accepted, if the piece arrives damaged or if the condition or display of the work was misrepresented or withheld during submission.
If you would like to be considered for the show, please submit UP TO THREE pieces of current work fitting the show’s theme by email to email@example.com.
1) Images must be attached to your submission email in JPEG format and resized to 72 dpi with the shortest side measuring at least 500 pixels (images sized around 1000 pixels are best).
* DO NOT submit .ZIP files or Dropbox/Google Doc links.
* Image files must be labeled as lastname.title.jpeg
2) Please include the following information in the body of your submission email. Do not attach any documents or links containing this information. The only thing attached to your submission email should be images of your work.
* Artist Bio
* Resume/CV – listing education background, awards and achievements, exhibition history and any current/past gallery representation.
* Piece Description – explain the meaning and/or story behind each piece and how it relates to the theme of the exhibition.
* Inventory List – list an itemization of each piece submitted including: title, medium, dimensions, date, frame/display size and retail price (must include Penn Charter’s 30 percent commission). Please make sure to include each piece’s price & exhibition history (if any).
PROCESS: After a submission has been received, a committee will review the work and the artist will be notified when the process is complete.
William Penn Charter School looks forward to your submission!