Deadline February 15:
A Man’s World
March 20th. to April 28th., 2016
Opening reception Sunday March 20th, 2 to 5 pm
For this juried exhibition we’re asking artists to step into the man cave to observe and uncover the concept of the male image and it’s social, physical, and psychological evolution here in the U.S., and within various cultures around the globe. In today’s world, what does a man need to be a man? How have, (or haven’t) these needs changed in regard to society’s perceptions and expectations throughout history? In the future, what characteristics will denote what a man is? Possible images to explore: can be positive or negative and may include such male archetypes as: superheroes and villains, cowboys, athletes, gangsters and politicians, madmen and rockstars, revolutionaries, computer geeks, wallstreet tycoons, poets and preachers, loners, zealots, and idiosyncratic artists. As always, we encourage work that is adventurous in content, and all media is accepted.
1. Exhibition is open to residents 18 years or older, living in NY, NJ and PA.
2. All media will be considered and must be original and by the artist.
3. We prefer that work be hand delivered to the gallery, but will accept pre-paid shipment of work
preferably through the Post Office with return packaging to and from the gallery.
4. Art work must be ready for hanging and/or installation and must not exceed 60” in any direction.
Please no saw tooth hangers. Size limitations for sculptural and video pieces will be considered individually.
5. Two dimensional works on paper and other fragile surfaces must be framed with glass or Plexiglas.
6. All accepted art work must remain at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit. *Upon delivery of work, the gallery has the right to reject work that is not consistent with submitted digital images.
Fees There is no entry fee to enter the exhibit. Accepted artists pay a nominal fee of $25, by cash, check or money order payable to Hamilton Street Gallery to cover costs for promotional mailing, hanging, lighting and installation. Hamilton Street Gallery charges 25% commission on art work sold. Sales will be finalized at the end of each exhibition.
Insurance Hamilton Street Gallery will provide insurance for work upon receiving art, during exhibition and up until work is picked up. We are not responsible for artwork while in transit to and from the gallery.
There are two ways to submit work:
A. Up to 5 digital file submissions will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
B. Up to 5 images on a CD rom can be mailed through the Post Office
1. All submissions must be in JPEG format in the order you would like them viewed with artist name and title of work. Images cannot be larger than 800 x 800 pixels at 72 DPI.
2. An image list on paper, numbered in the order in which they appear on the CD, including title of work, media, dimensions, date, and price.
3. One page resume (please include phone number and email address)
4. An artist statement (optional but encouraged)
5. An SASE for return of materials is requested
6. Video and performance artists should submit DVDs labeled with name, title, date and price
*(All submissions should be received, not post marked, by the deadline date.)
Please mail completed submission package in an envelope no larger than 9” x 12” to: Hamilton Street Gallery, P.O. Box 710, Bound Brook, New Jersey 08805. or email submissions to email@example.com
Gallery Hours: Thursday 12 to 5 pm, Fridays 5:30 to 8 pm, Saturdays 1 to 5 pm and by appointment.
Important dates to remember:
Submission Deadline – Monday February 15th, 2016
Notification of acceptance by email – Monday February 22nd, 2016.
Delivery Dates – Thursday March 10th, 12 to 5 pm. Friday March 11th, 5 to 8 pm
and Saturday March 12th 12 to 5 pm
Opening Reception – Sunday March 20th, 2016 2 to 5 pm.
Pick up dates – Thursday April 28th 12 to 5 pm,
Friday April 29th, 5 to 8 pm and Saturday April 30th., 12 to 5 pm.