Deadline May 7: Now that SPRING is truly here, the next logical step is SUMMERTIME…and that’s exactly what we’re looking for IN YOUR ART.
As with all CALLS FOR ENTRIES, we are seeking UP TO 5 WORKS created in any media: 2D, 3D or MULTIMEDIA, and you have until THURSDAY, MAY 7 to enter. (If accepted, art needs to be dropped off Saturday, May 30, and the show runs from May 31 to July 31.)
And as we often do, we want you to think carefully about your art and its relationship to our theme. You may see a unique approach but here are two options we recommend:
* Of course, your art can be a LITERAL REPRESENTATION of the season — summer fun, recreation, oppressive heat, a trip down the Shore, and much, much more, or,
* Your art can EVOKE SUMMER in its execution, especially through sensory connections, including colors, objects, sounds, textures, tastes and smells.
So, in short, we ask you: HOW DOES YOUR ART EXPRESS SUMMER?
Our only restrictions at all have to do with size: 2D entries must be 48 INCHES OR UNDER in combined dimensions (height+width) and 15 LBS. or fewer.
With summer juried exhibitions, it’s always EASY TO ENTER. All you need to do is:
* E-MAIL to this address (firstname.lastname@example.org) high-quality, clearly labeled JPG files (under 500K each) of UP TO FIVE WORKS.
* INCLUDE with your entry TITLES, MEIDA, SIZES (FRAMED if 2D!), PRICES and a TWO-SENTENCE STATEMENT that connects your work to our theme.
* Best of all, there is NO ENTRY FEE (and, of course, no cash prizes).
As stated above, you have until 11:59 PM on THURSDAY, MAY 7. And quite possibly we’ll be in the upper 70s or 80s by then. Not too hot…just enough to tell us those hazy, lazy days of summer are just around the corner…when the livin’ is easy…and it’s time to sit back and unwind. Until then…
ENJOY SPRING, HAPPY EASTER & CHAG KASHER V’SAMEACH!