Deadline: May 4, 2017
It’s all that has been on many of our minds since January 20…or perhaps the evening of November 8. Yet it has also been firmly embedded in our culture/counterculture since the 60s. (And hats off, by the way, to the NYT Magazine, which did a terrific cover treatment of the theme this past Sunday.)
So what are the SPECIFICS of this CALL FOR ART? We’re seeking up to 5 works in all media — 2D, 3D, multimedia — that are, for 2D, 48″ or less in combined dimensions (height+width) and 15 lbs. or less, and that remind us that artists always create the path of greatest resistance.
Organizing questions include:
* How does your art inspire people to take stands against demagoguery and prejudice?
* How does it open minds?
* How does it unite a community in shared purpose and resolve?
So why just FIVE WORKS? Well, it’s FREE TO ENTER!
All entries must be RECEIVED ONLINE at firstname.lastname@example.org. The dates to remember are these:
* The deadline is THURSDAY, MAY 4. (But you can enter as soon as you would like.)
* You’ll be notified of the jury’s decisions during the week of May 15.
* The show runs June 4 through August 4, with an opening on Thursday, June 8.
We look forward to some inspiring and provocative entries!