Deadline December 17:
PRODUCTION DESIGN INTERN
INSPIRE * TRANSFORM * BUILD * SUSTAIN
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society has been a visionary not-for-profit organization in the Greater Philadelphia Region since its founding in 1827. PHS organizes the annual Philadelphia Flower Show, the world’s largest and longest-running indoor flower show, which brings 270,000 visitors and creates a $61 million economic impact to the city. PHS helps transform lives through revolutionary programs like City Harvest, which grows and donates 50,000 lbs of fresh produce each year and feeds 1,200 families each week of the growing season. PHS is also lead partner on Plant One Million, an ambitious program to plant one million trees in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
Mission: The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society motivates people to improve the quality of life and create a sense of community through horticulture.
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) seeks a part-time intern to work closely with the Creative Team to implement the visual identity of the 2015 Flower Show, “Celebrate the Movies.” This internship runs from January 5 through April 2015. The intern must be available 10-15 hours a week and available additional hours during Flower Show’s set up week Feb. 23 – 27, 2015, and during the Flower Show, February 28 – March 8, 2015. This is an unpaid internship. A travel stipend is available.
• Translate the visual identity of the 2015 Flower Show into a variety of applications, including print and digital ads, on-site signage, brochures, etc.
• Assist with print production including prepping and sending files for print and communicating with outside printers and vendors
• Assist with in-house production including printing, trimming, and laminating
• Work with Shows and Events departments to ensure the 2015 Flower Show look and feel is presented consistently throughout the Convention Center
• Assist the PR and Marketing teams as needed with other Creative Team requests
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Must be a graphic design student student
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Strong layout skills and knowledge of master pages, text styles, and best practices
• Comfortable translating a visual identity across multiple formats
• Organized, maintains schedules, meets deadlines, can prioritize and manage multiple projects, high attention to detail
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT:
November 17, 2014
Please send an email with a resume and a link to your portfolio (or samples of your work) to:
Katherine Carberry, Graphic Designer
Please no telephone or walk-in inquires. EOE. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.