Shake It Off Fridays, starting August 17, 12-2pm
- Line dancing with Joette Makes Fitness Fun – August 17, 24, 31
- Salsa dancing with Siempre Salsa – September 7, 14, 21, 28
- October sessions to be announced soon
Wedding Wednesdays, starting August 22, 11am-2pm
Stop by the LOVE sculpture to celebrate couples getting married! Or register at City Hall, room 413 on September 11 to schedule your own 30-minute wedding in LOVE for October 10 or 24. Wedding dates vary, starting with two per month. Check the LOVE Park webpage for more information: phila.gov/spotlight/love-park/.
Live at LOVE, starting August 23
Enjoy free music and theatrical performances on lunch breaks or bring a blanket and stay a while for Live at LOVE. This year, for the first time, Fairmount Park Conservancy has collaborated with FringeArts to bring three site-specific events into LOVE Park during the city’s annual Fringe Festival (see schedule, below). Highlights of Live at LOVE in upcoming months include:
- Suzanne Sheer, piano/keyboard – melodies to kick off the series, Thursday, August 23, 12-2pm.
- Chichi Chip (an ode to the Gnarly) – a site-specific performance by music and dance ensemble Philly Kerplop that celebrates the traditions and atmosphere of LOVE Park (part of Fringe Festival, premieres Thursday September 6, 5pm).
- An Unofficial, Unauthorized Tour of LOVE Park – an interactive, questions-encouraged tour of the park led by comedians, writers, and performance artists Kate Banford and Rose Luardo (part of Fringe Festival, premieres Monday, September 10, 12pm).
- Same Picture Different Poses – a mixture of physical theater, storytelling, dance, and circus that will interact with audience members to reflect on what connects us as humans – love. (Part of Fringe Festival, premieres Tuesday, September 11, 1pm).
- Silent Philly – DJs spin popular tunes as participants wear noise-cancelling headphones and sing and dance along, every Thursday in October, 12-2pm.
Food Trucks in the Park, starting September 6, Monday-Friday