Featuring: June Julian
As part of New York City Tartan Week, The Explorers Cub is proud to bring the people and the culture of the Hebrides to the big city. With presentations from Club Fellows on expedition around the Scottish archipelago, a whisky tasting with a Master of Whisky, a display of art depicting the sublime beauty of the islands, authentic tartans from Harris Tweed, live music from the Sgoil Lionacleit Pipe Band of South Uist, and a sampling of cuisine from the region, this event will transport you across the Atlantic.
• Rodrick B. MacLennan & Dr. June Julian on expedition to the isle of Vallay
• Justin Fornal, Chad Anderson, and Johnnie Mundell on the Great Islay Swim
• Whisky tasting with Senior Master of Whisky Spike McClure
• The music of Sgoil Lionacleit Pipe Band from South Uist
• Explorers Club Tartan selections with Harris Tweed of the Isle of Harris
• The expedition art of Dr. June Julian on display