- This event has passed.
Philadelphia Photo Arts Center celebrates a decade of Teen Photo with an exhibition of creative works by students from over the years.
In 2010, PPAC offered mentorship, cameras, and digital equipment to students from the Kensington School of Creative and Performing Arts, and showed their work in the gallery. From this inaugural exhibition, PPAC developed Teen Photo, a free eight-month program open to all Philadelphia public high school students. Teen Photo students meet weekly with dedicated mentors to share photos, learn technical skills, and create new memories across the city. From just eight students in that first year to the 60 students currently enrolled, Teen Photo has served 225 Philadelphia high school students since its inception.
Ten Years showcases 28 artists who work across disciplines and genres. Some have continued to practice in Philadelphia, while others have traveled across the country to pursue the arts. Ten Years testifies to the many ways program alumni have continued to manifest creativity in their lives. Many works in the show are printed, mounted, and framed by PPAC. Proceeds from the sale of artworks directly benefit the artists and PPAC.
- PPAC will be open by reservation only.
- All guests are required to wear a mask when entering the building.
- PPAC will have a limited number of masks available on-site if you do not have one.
- Guests will enter through the Master Street main entrance (featured above) and exit through the American Street doors.
- Guests are asked to practice social distancing by keeping a six-foot distance between themselves and fellow guests.
- The gallery will be limited to 4 guests at a time.