THE MAPLE TERRACE ARTIST RESIDENCY PROGRAM
This Deadline Expired: Wednesday, August 16, 2017
This opportunity is provided by the artist LEAH GUADAGNOLI:
I have lived and worked in this pre-war one bedroom apartment since 2014. It has played one of the most significant roles in my development as an artist. I would like to provide an emerging artist the same opportunity to have an affordable and inspiring place to live and make work in Brooklyn, NY. Artists not currently living in the NYC area are encouraged to apply though all applications will be considered. The first residency will take place October 24-December 5, 2017.
In addition to providing my entire place at cost (well under market value) I will:
- arrange studio visits with influential artists, curators, gallerists, and collectors
- help facilitate the acquisition of additional funding to help cover costs associated with residency (fee, travel, supplies, etc.)
- edit artist statement and look over any future applications (graduate school, residencies, grants, etc.) artist is considering to submit
- help artist find employment in the arts by reviewing resume and cover letters
- selected Resident Artist will also receive an unlimited Metrocard for the duration of their residency and a one-year membership to the American Alliance of Museums. This allows the artist and a guest to visit nearly any museum around the world for free!
The space includes:
- 660 square feet (studio is located in living room with additional storage in hall and foyer. click here to view floor plan)
- work tables, bright shop lights, and basic studio tools
- access to a three-speed commuter bike
- all utilities and high-speed internet
- fully furnished bedroom with fresh linens and towels
- fully equipped kitchen with sourdough starter and kombucha SCOBY
- plants galore and ample amounts of sunlight
The amazing historic tree-lined Prospect Lefferts Gardens on Maple Street between Nostrand and New York Ave. A heavily Caribbean influenced neighborhood filled with great music and excellent jerk delights you are also walking distance to cafes, bars, and the almighty Prospect Park!
This is the exact amount I would pay for rent and utilities for 6 weeks. No more, no less. If selected as a Resident Artist, a non-refundable deposit of $600 must be paid 10 days after acceptance to secure your spot in the Maple Terrace Artist Residency Program.
Click HERE to apply.