Al-Bustan Seeds of Culture Marketing and Communications Coordinator
This Deadline Expired: Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Reporting to the Executive Director and the Director of Public Education, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator undertakes promotion, media coordination, and the production of publicity and marketing materials for Al-Bustan and its programs. Communicating with local and international audiences and participants the Coordinator ensures the timely dissemination of communications. This position is primarily responsible for carrying out the marketing strategy and growing Al-Bustan’s brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive attendance to and participation in Al-Bustan programming
- Coordinate and implement marketing strategies
– Create and schedule weekly email newsletter and e-blasts
– Update website and blog content (WordPress) and analyze usage via google analytics
– Manage Social Media accounts: create daily content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and analyze analytics on a regular basis
– Engage in grassroots promotional work as needed
- Coordinate media outreach including interviews, information requests, and media attendance
- Survey and gather feedback and demographics on current and future programs
- Work with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software to organize and record relevant information and produce actionable reports for fundraising and outreach
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary in consultation with directors
- Combination of education and/or relevant professional experience of no fewer than 4 years
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Applications
- Experience with marketing via social media platforms and traditional media
- Comfort with engaging and communicating to diverse constituencies
- Familiarity with Arab and/or SWANA languages and cultures
- Interests in the arts, music, performance, or education
- Combination of education and/or relevant professional experience of no fewer than 6 years
- Professional experience with Microsoft Suite and Applications
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of press coordination and press-release production
- Knowledge of a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp, specifically knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Knowledge of Philadelphia Arts and Culture sector
- Knowledge of Qgiv
Location: The primary worksite of the position will be at Al-Bustan’s Hub (3645 Lancaster Ave, Philadelphia). Potential exists for flexible scheduling and remote work (depending on conditions and work requirements) due to the project based nature of the work.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with skill and experience of the applicant, at a salary range of $32,000-38,000. Benefits include: paid time off, subsidized or free access to Al-Bustan education and programming, additional training opportunities, and comp time.
Preferred Start Date: July 1, 2021
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and links to or samples of marketing work done to email@example.com. Because of capacity, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Rooted in Arab arts and language, Al-Bustan Seeds of Culture offers artistic and educational programming that enriches cross-cultural understanding and celebrates diversity. “Al-Bustan,” Arabic for “The Garden,” serves youth and adults of all ethnic, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds, while supporting the pursuit and affirmation of Arab American cultural identity and playing a constructive civic role within broader American society.
Al-Bustan serves both Arab Americans and non-Arabs. They offer people of Arab heritage venues to engage in Arab arts and become more active participants in the cultural community of the city. For the general public interested in learning about Arab culture, Al-Bustan delivers arts presentation, education, and civic engagement programming to expand their knowledge about the Middle East.