This Deadline Expired: Wednesday, February 20, 2019
CALL FOR ARTISTS
DEADLINE: February 20th.
The show will run from March 24th to May 2nd., 2019
Opening Reception Sunday, March 24th, 2 to 5 pm
Hamilton Street Gallery welcomes the arrival of spring in celebration of trees. Whether they be tall or dwarf, evergreen or deciduous, pyramidal, pendulous, or palmetto, with fruit, blooms or berries, trees are endlessly vibrant and diverse in purpose, form and beauty. Many things found in nature mirror the characteristics of trees. It’s branching habit, for example, might be reflected in the antlers of a deer, the winding tributaries of a river, or even the network of nerve tissue within the cerebellum. The wonders of nature have mysteriously linked trees to all living things, including humans. However, it has become obvious to many that we have shirked our responsibility, as the effects of global warming expand, infestation and deforestation increase, fires become uncontrollable, and flood waters continue to rise. We may have reached the point where hugs are not enough. For this juried exhibition we’re asking artists to submit work related to the subject of trees. Artists may also choose concepts associated with tree-like imagery. As always, we encourage artists to be adventurous, and all media is accepted.
1. Exhibition is open to residents 18 years or older, living in NY, NJ and PA.
2. All media will be considered and must be original and by the artist.
3. We prefer that work be hand delivered to the gallery, but will accept pre-paid shipment of work
preferably through the Post Office with return packaging to and from the gallery.
4. Art work must be wired and ready for hanging and/or installation and must not exceed 60” in any direction.
Please no saw tooth hangers. Size limitations for sculptural and video pieces will be considered individually.
5. Two dimensional works on paper and other fragile surfaces must be framed with glass or Plexiglas, except with special permission
6. All accepted art work must remain at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit. *Upon delivery of work, the gallery has the right to reject work that is not consistent with submitted digital images.
There is no entry fee to enter the exhibit. Accepted artists pay upon delivery, a nominal fee of $25, by cash, check or money order payable to Hamilton Street Gallery to cover costs for promotional mailing, hanging, lighting and installation. Hamilton Street Gallery charges 25% commission on art work sold. Sales will be finalized at the end of each exhibition.
Hamilton Street Gallery will provide insurance for work upon receiving art, during exhibition and up until work is picked up. Artwork is not insured while in transit to and from the gallery.
There are two ways to submit work:
A. Up to 5 digital file submissions will be accepted via email to email@example.com or
B. Up to 5 images on a CD rom can be mailed through the Post Office
1. All submissions must be in JPEG format in the order you would like them viewed with artist name and title of work. Images cannot be larger than 800 x 800 pixels at 72 DPI.
2. An image list on paper, numbered in the order in which they appear on the CD, including title of work, media, dimensions, date, and price.
3. One page resume (please include phone number and email address)
4. An artist statement (optional but encouraged)
5. An SASE for return of materials is requested
6. Video and performance artists should submit DVDs labeled with name, title, date and price
*(All submissions should be received, not post marked, by the deadline date.)
Please mail completed submission package in an envelope no larger than 9” x 12” to: Hamilton Street Gallery, P.O. Box 710, Bound Brook, New Jersey 08805. or email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallery Hours: Thursday 12 to 5 pm, Fridays 5:30 to 8 pm, Saturdays 1 to 5 pm and by appointment.
Important dates to remember:
Submission Deadline – Wednesday, February 20th.,
Notification of acceptance by email – Sunday, February 24th.
Delivery Dates – Thursday March 14th., 12 to 5 pm.
Friday March 15th., 5 to 8 pm and Saturday March 16th 12 to 5 pm
Opening Reception – Sunday March 24th., 2 to 5 pm.
Pick up dates – Thursday May 2nd. 12 to 5 pm,
Friday May 3rd., 5 to 8 pm and Saturday May 4th. 12 to 5 pm.