Baldwin Fine Art Seeks Art Handler / Installer / Driver
This Deadline Expired: Tuesday, March 15, 2022
Baldwin Fine Art + Residential is looking to hire experienced art handlers to join their team as the company continues to grow. Located just outside of Philadelphia, PA, Baldwin has been providing everyone, from the casual art lover to museums and galleries alike, with top rated fine art services and solutions. In the past few years they have continued to expand and are looking for candidates who are team players and looking to grow with the company.
Art handlers are responsible for the safety of artwork during transportation, on-site handling, storage, and installation. Since Baldwin provides services both in-house and on-site, this position requires individuals who are able to work and adapt in a variety of different environments with clients and coworkers alike.
This is a part time position with the possibility of full time employment after a probationary period. The company provides competitive hourly pay starting at $20 to $28 per hour with flexible scheduling. Though it is not required, preference will be given to candidates who have experience managing crews and driving box trucks.
– Handle and move artworks: Use of appropriate packing, crating, and safety techniques and materials.
– Installation and deinstallation of artworks: Use of proper techniques and tools during onsite projects
– Handle and move decorative arts and furniture: Use of appropriate packing, crating, and safety techniques and materials.
– Loading and unloading of trucks to ensure safe transit
– Conduct condition checks for various types of artwork: Identifying, noting and documenting conditions with appropriate language.
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
– A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
– Knowledge and interest in fine art, decorative art, design, or similar
– Knowledge of industry-standard packing, crating, and installation techniques and materials
– Must be a team player and self starter with the ability to lead and effectively communicate instructions
– Familiarity with Paperwork, BOLs, Inventory, Daily Logs, etc
– Strong attention to detail, discretion, and follow-through
– The ability to lift and move heavy objects up to 70lbs
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Baldwin FAR here.