Call for Applicants: Textile Arts Center Work in Progress Residency
This Deadline Expired: Monday, May 6, 2019
The Textile Arts Center’s Work in Progress program offers selected artists TAC Manhattan’s storefront window for one month to (re)create an active studio of their work. The program focuses on engaging the public with the work of textile artists and give an inside look into an artist’s studio. WIP artists maintain “live studio” times where they can interact with the community and discuss their processes and techniques. The artist will also leave behind a clear visual narrative so the public can get a glimpse of “work in progress” even when the artist isn’t present. This is an ideal program for artists who enjoy speaking about their creative process to the public and want to take advantage of a large Manhattan storefront to promote and display their work.
WIP cycles start on the first of every month and run for the full month. Install must take place between the 1st-3rd and deinstall must take place on the 28th-31st. Selected artist will commit to at least one weekly shift of public hours (Saturdays 2-6PM).
TAC WiP Program Provides:
– Storefront studio 10 x 5 feet and equipped with a table, chair, pinboard wall and shelving. Other equipment is depending on availability, and materials are not included.
– Access to Open Studio at TAC Brooklyn
– WiP residents will be featured and promoted on the TAC social media, including blog, Instagram, and Facebook
– 10% discount off TAC Classes
Learn more at: http://textileartscenter.com/aboutwip
– Include detailed proposal for the time at WiP and workshop
– 5 images of recent artwork
– For September 2019-February 2020
Deadline: May 6, 2019
Final Selections: June 2019
Application Fee: $20
Applications online through Slideroom: https://tac.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/48251
If you have any questions please contact Isa Rodrigues, email@example.com