Call for Artists – Art Partners Studio
Art Partners Studio is ART central in Coatesville! The Studio engages a diverse community of all ages with programs in the heart of the City and across an art network in townships served by the Coatesville Area School District. (www.artpartnersstudio.org)
A new downtown Studio boasts a media lab with iMacs, cameras, inkjet/laser printers, and Adobe Creative Suite. Two other spaces are set for a variety of visual arts classes from drawing & painting to printmaking (monoprints, silk-screen), airbrush, and interdisciplinary project-based art-learning.
The Studio is seeking artists to develop a dynamic photography, digital imaging, graphics, and interdisciplinary program for all ages.
We want to hear from you if your art practice and/or teaching experience is a fit for potential programs:
• Animation: 2-D, Claymation, stop-motion, 3D with Blender
• Digital imaging/graphic design with Adobe Creative Suite
• Green Screen Photo Theatre Techniques with cameras and Photoshop
• Interdisciplinary Painting/Photography Selfies
• Light-sensitive photo processes: cyanotype contact prints, Inkodye prints on fabric, pinhole camera
• Digital Photography: basic 101 to street photography, selfies, large-scale wheat paste murals
• Smart Phone Photography & Social Media interface
Immediate positions are available for 8-week winter classes (jan-mar) or spring (apr-jun). Since APS is 45 miles west of Philadelphia, multiple teaching opportunities on any given day are possible to justify distance traveled and time away from your studio. Classes meet once-a-week for anywhere from 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours.
We are looking for artists who will:
• Create lesson plans and curricula to generate positive artistic experiences, enthusiasm for learning, and skills building among youth
• Teach professional artistic practices, techniques, and concepts
• Demonstrate strong classroom management skills
• Previous teaching experience with urban youth
• BFA, MFA, or equivalent arts education degree and/or teaching experience
• Current Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Clearance
• A car is essential
Compensation & Scheduling
• Teaching artists are compensated for classroom time plus extra for prep/cleanup.
• Compensation will be determined based on experience.
• Attendance at interim faculty meetings (either before or after a session) is required.
How to Apply
For consideration, please send your bio, teaching artist statement, resume, and work samples (or website linking to all information) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “APS Photography” followed by last name in the subject line.
Art Partners Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We seek diversity among our teaching faculty that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.