CALL FOR ARTISTS – Hamilton Street Gallery – Bird’s Eye/Worm’s Eye
This Deadline Expired: Sunday, January 2, 2022
Hamilton Street Gallery
CALL FOR ARTISTS – DEADLINE – Sunday January 2nd, 2022
Bird’s Eye / Worm’s Eye
This juried exhibition examines the method of perspective and how we see things. Specifically, it focuses on the “Bird’s Eye View” of observing objects from above, as would a bird in flight, and the “Worm’s Eye View” which emphasizes seeing things from below as a worm crawling on the ground, with eyes of course, might experience. In addition to the artistic practice of perspective, the exhibit also invites artists to explore the ways in which we view and judge different kinds of cultures and customs within our society. This may apply to class, economic status, race, religion, health, sexual orientation, age, and endless other hierarchical markers of social identity. From a particular standpoint, are we looking up or are we looking down? For this exhibit all media is accepted.
1. Exhibition is open to residents 18 years or older, living in NY, NJ and PA.
2. All media will be considered and must be original and by the artist.
3. The gallery prefers that work be hand delivered to the gallery, but will accept pre-paid shipment of work
preferably through the Post Office with return packaging to and from the gallery.
4. Art work must be wired and ready for hanging and/or installation and must not exceed 60” in any direction.
Please no saw tooth hangers. Size limitations for sculptural and video pieces will be considered individually.
5. Two dimensional works on paper and other fragile surfaces must be framed with glass or Plexiglas, except with special permission
6. All accepted art work must remain at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit. Upon delivery of work, the gallery has the right to reject work that is not consistent with submitted digital images.
There is no entry fee to enter the exhibit. Accepted artists pay upon delivery, a nominal fee of $25, by cash, check or money order payable to Hamilton Street Gallery to cover costs for promotional mailing, hanging, lighting and installation. Hamilton Street Gallery charges 25% commission on art work sold. Sales will be finalized at the end of each exhibition.
Hamilton Street Gallery will provide insurance for work upon receiving art, during exhibition and up until work is picked up. Artwork is not insured while in transit to and from the gallery.
There are two ways to submit work:
A. Up to 5 digital file submissions will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
B. Up to 5 images on a CD rom can be mailed through the Post Office
1. All submissions must be in JPEG format in the order you would like them viewed with artist name and title of work. Images cannot be larger than 1200 pixels on the largest side at 72 DPI.
2. An image list on paper, numbered in the order in which they appear on the CD, including title of work, media, dimensions, date, and price.
3. One page resume (please include phone number and email address)
4. An artist statement (optional but encouraged)
5. An SASE for return of materials is requested
6. Video and performance artists should submit DVDs labeled with name, title, date and price
(All submissions should be received, not post marked, by the deadline date.)
Please mail completed submission package in an envelope no larger than 9” x 12” to: Hamilton Street Gallery, P. O. Box 710, Bound Brook, New Jersey 08805. or email submissions to email@example.com
Gallery Hours: Thursday 12 to 5 pm, Fridays 5:30 to 8 pm, Saturdays 1 to 5 pm and by appointment.
Important dates to remember:
Submission Deadline – Sunday January 2nd, 2022
Notification of acceptance by email – Wednesday January 5th , 2022
Delivery Dates – Thursday, January 20th., 12 to 5 pm.
Friday, January 21st., 5 to 8 pm. and Saturday, January 22nd. 12 to 5 pm.
Opening Reception – Sunday, January 30th., 2 to 5 pm.
Pick up dates – Thursday, March 10th., 12 to 5 pm.,
Friday, March 11th., 5 to 8 pm. and Saturday, March 12th. 12 to 5 pm.
Learn more here