Call for Artists – Yonkers: Nuestra Comunidad (Yonkers, Our Community)
This Deadline Expired: Monday, August 28, 2017
The Mayor’s Hispanic Advisory Board is accepting submissions from artists for an exhibit at the Yonkers Riverfront Library during National Hispanic Heritage Month. The theme of the exhibit is Yonkers: Nuestra Comunidad (Yonkers: Our Community).
The artwork should connect to some aspect of the Latino community in the City of Yonkers and while also representing and honoring Latino culture in a positive way. The event at which the artwork will be displayed is geared to create a community awareness of our rich Hispanic culture and unity amongst all communities in Yonkers in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month.
The art will be displayed at The Riverfront Library of the Yonkers Public Library at 1 Larkin Plaza, which overlooks the Hudson River and the stunning Yonkers Downtown Waterfront (http://yonkersdowntown.com), starting on September 7, 2017. The artwork will remain on display until September 27, 2017 (subject to change).
The application is by email submission only to email@example.com of the following:
- Submission in 300 dpi jpgs only (no tiffs, pdfs, PowerPoint, etc)
- Corresponding image list (all jpg image(s) and titles should correspond in entry form)
- Single-page artist statement and single-page paragraph describing submitted work
- Image Identification Sheet attached to email containing:
- Your name
- Number of each digital image (from 1-3)
- Title of work (please indicate whether digital image is a detail)
- Date of work
- Price, if artwork is for sale
- Completed waiver form on the day of drop-off
- All work must be wired, NO saw tooth hangers. Any work not wired will be rejected. Only New work created after 2016.
All submissions should be emailed to Edgar Santana firstname.lastname@example.org.