Call for Entries: Sanctuary
This Deadline Expired: Friday, July 3, 2020
Hamilton Street Gallery
CALL FOR ARTISTS
Deadline: July 3rd, 2020
A photo documentation exhibit
July 19th, to September 5th., 2020
Opening Reception Sunday, July 19th, 5 to 7 pm
This period of time has been like no other in our lives. In the midst of extreme anxiety, we are stricken with fear, sadness and confusion, and desperately scour our psyches for inklings of hope and refuge. For this exhibit Hamilton Street Gallery is asking artists to take photographs of places, inside or out, that provide a personal sense of shelter and calm during this critical time.
Artists may submit up to 3 images with their name, title of photograph, and a short statement relating to the theme of the exhibit. Hamilton Street Gallery will print out the chosen photos on to 8 1/2” x 11” quality grade paper to be displayed on the walls of the gallery. The gallery will be open regular gallery hours during the course of the exhibit, which can also be viewed on line
1. Exhibition is open to residents 18 years or older, living in NY, NJ and PA.
2. All accepted art work must remain at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
3. There is no entry fee to enter this exhibit.
There are two ways to submit work:
A. Up to 3 digital file submissions will be accepted via email to email@example.com or
B. Up to 3 images on a CD rom can be mailed through the Post Office
1. All submissions must be in JPEG format in the order you would like them viewed with artist name, email and phone number and title of the photograph. Images should be 1000 pixels or more on any side and 300 DPI.
2. An image list numbered in the order in which they appear on the CD, with title of work, date, and price (For this exhibit the gallery will not be taking a commission)
3. A short artist statement relating to the theme of the exhibit (optional but encouraged)
Submit entries to: Hamilton Street Gallery, P.O. Box 710, Bound Brook, New Jersey 08805. or email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important dates to remember:
Submission Deadline – Friday, July 3rd., 2020
Notification of acceptance by email – Monday, July 6th.
Opening Reception – Sunday, July 19th., 2 to 5 pm. During the opening reception a limited number of people (no more than 10) should occupy the gallery. Artists and visitors are asked to follow CDC guidelines, wearing masks, and standing 6ft. apart from each other.
Picking up work: Artists interested in retrieving their photographic prints may stop by during gallery hours.
Gallery Hours: Thursday 12 to 5 pm, Fridays 5:30 to 8 pm, Saturdays 1 to 5 pm and by appointment.
Learn more and submit here