Call to Artist: This is My House
deadline: Sunday, November 21, 2021
The National Liberty Museum (NLM) is excited to announce their major exhibition for next summer, This is My Home, opening Friday, June 3, 2022. Five artists will be selected from a two-step call-to-artist and in-house jury selection process. This exhibition will provide artists their own space within a gallery to create a site-specific installation inside a constructed “home”. The way you choose to design and install your experience is entirely up to you.
Individual artists, collaborative groups, and creative organizations are encouraged to apply, and all mediums are welcome.
The NLM envisions a world where all people understand and embrace the contemporary meaning and significance of liberty and feel empowered to take positive action to ensure liberty for themselves and others. They are constructing these spaces for artists to share their histories, experiences, and hopes for the future, engaging visitors with a window onto different perspectives to find common ground with one another. The site-specific installations will be inside fabricated, single-room homes that create an immersive space of understanding and empathy, two principles that are vital to the growth and preservation of liberty. The aim is to enable artists to express their internal narrative in the form of external, real-life spaces that promote an open dialogue relating to the themes presented. These direct and honest conversations will educate visitors, inspiring them to put liberty into action in their own lives for a more equitable future.
Selected artists will receive a stipend in the range of $1,500 – $2,500 to cover materials and time, which will be finalized after the first round of proposals.
• The complete first round application must be submitted no later than Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 11:59pm EST. Early applications are encouraged.
• The NLM will notify all artists of our first-round decision by Friday, December 17, 2021, to move onto the final round of the application process.
• If selected, the final round application will be due by Sunday, February 6, 2022.
• Final selection of the five exhibiting artists will be completed by Friday, February 25, 2022, and all artists will be notified of the decision the same day.
• Installation will tentatively start on Monday, May 2, 2022, and needs to be completed by Friday, May 20, 2022. Installation dates are flexible depending on the artists’ needs.
For the more details and to apply, follow the link: https://www.libertymuseum.org/exhibitions/home-call-to-artists/