Camp Director, Summer Art Camp
This Deadline Expired: Sunday, May 1, 2022
Main Line Art Center seeks a dynamic, creative, confident and caring Camp Director for our thriving 10 week long summer art camp. The successful candidate should be highly organized, flexible, and adept at communicating effectively with campers ages 5-16, as well as camp parents, teaching artists, teen counselors and administrative staff. The schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-4pm and runs June 13-August 26 though there is flexibility on the position end date for K-12 educators. You will join a camp community that regularly attracts exceptional teaching artists and enthusiastic campers, and have the opportunity to shape the next chapter in our summer story.
• Create class groupings based on enrollment and determine staffing needs based on classes.
• Schedule and manage teen counselors during camp.
• Develop the teaching schedule, before and after care schedules for each camp session and arrange for substitutes when necessary.
• Refine camp policies and ensure that camp teaching artists and counsellors understand these policies and carry them out.
• Manage curriculum, ensuring that all teachers have submitted lessons before the start of each camp session.
• Oversee camp exhibitions and schedule visiting artists each Friday during our weekly art party.
• Oversee daily camper pick-up and drop-off, as well as lunch-care.
• Communicate all supply needs to Studio Coordinator in a timely manner.
• Communicate with parents to address child behavioral or discipline issues as needed.
• Maintain child emergency & pick-up forms and alert staff of any special needs, dietary or health concerns.
• Organize pre-and post-camp teaching artist meetings and weekly check-ins to ensure continuous improvement.
• Assist staff in providing the highest level of customer service for parents and campers.
• Hire teaching artists as needed.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants must provide or be seeking clearance certificates of PA State Police Criminal Record Check and PA Child Abuse History.
Key requirements and abilities include:
• Knowledge of visual art and art education
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in fine arts, education or a related discipline, or two years equivalent experience or training
• Strong service orientation, belief in the power of community and a personal and professional commitment to DEAI
• Advanced communication skills including writing and editing skills, computer literacy and interpersonal skills
• Experience managing teen volunteers and teaching artists
• Ability to clearly communicate to young students and their parents
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM software preferred.
• The ability to work collaboratively and positively in teams within a fast paced environment
• Warm, engaging personality
• The ability to lift 25 lbs
To apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references with the subject line “CAMP DIRECTOR” to Ariel Edwards at email@example.com. Send all of the above as attachments. No phone inquiries please.
Main Line Art Center is an equal-opportunity employer committed to DEAI. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Learn more: https://www.mainlineart.org/employment/camp-director-summer-art-camp/