Ceramics Studio Assistant for Artist
A Philadelphia-area artist’s ceramics studio is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist with daily maintenance responsibilities and errands. The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of ceramics, dependable vehicle, and a strong work ethic. The work environment is constantly adapting, fast-paced, supportive and creative. This position is contract-based, but will have full-time hours during contract period.
** Please note that training will be provided in order for the candidate to function optimally in a ceramics studio environment **
Experience and Preferred Skills
– Background in ceramics and ability to learn new techniques quickly
– Effective communication skills and ability to work with others in a cohesive + professional team environment.
– Willingness to learn new making processes in the studio and eagerly take on a variety of projects.
– Detail-oriented with the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
– Self-motivated and open to clear and direct feedback from the artist and studio managers.
– Prepare and maintain clean work stations for the artist (i.e. wedge requested quantities of clay, roll coils, clean pottery wheel space before and after artist begins working)
– General studio cleaning duties such as mopping, wiping tables, taking out trash and recycling, etc.
– Assisting studio managers and other staff with other components of the ceramic process such as glazing, loading kilns, and reclaiming clay
– Completing studio errands such as picking up supplies, making deliveries, and dropping off mail at the post office
For more information and to apply please contact email@example.com