Critical Feedback at Trestle
This Deadline Expired: Thursday, August 22, 2019
Trestle programs are designed to offer an alternative to the expense of higher education. The Trestle philosophy comes from a belief that artists can grow and learn from each other without the excessive student loans that can come with graduate work at larger institutions. With a studio in NYC, one of the biggest contemporary art meccas in the world, Trestle program participants have the ability to explore all that the city has to offer with a community of like minded individuals.
Trestle’s Critical Feedback Program participants work with art professionals who work in the “real” art world today, actively seeking and earning opportunities, with current information and relevant advice.
Who is this program ideal for?
• Artists interested in a peer support network with regular feedback for six months to a year. (minimum six month commitment required)
• Artists who wish to belong to a critique group led by a professional artist/professor.
• Artists who want a discounted rate on a studio in Greenwood Heights, Brooklyn (this program is located at Trestle Projects – 62 18th Street, Brooklyn).
About the studios:
• 24/7 Studio Access
• 10% discount on a private studio within a vibrant community of artists
• Studio rates are $385 – $630 per month depending on size (include utilities)
About the Advisors:
• Trestle hires experienced artists as session leaders who run the monthly critiques. These individuals are well connected, knowledgeable and give valuable feedback/suggestions. Michael Brennan, Bill Carroll, and Margie Neuhaus will be the advisors for this session.
About the critiques:
• Critiques are pre scheduled for the duration of the program.
• Participants may choose to focus on a specific question/problem or may choose to simply hear what others see in their artwork.
• There are two groups with 8-10 artists per group. Half of the group receives about 20 minutes of feedback each month.
• Critiques last about three hours.
• It is optional to being snacks/refreshments to share at the meetings.
• They are mandatory to attend to participate in the program.
What are the perks of participating in the program?
• Meet other artists and network
• Share opportunities
• Get discounted studio space
• Extend the conversations with peers outside of critiques!
• Pop up exhibition and curation opportunities at Trestle Projects (62 18th Street, Brooklyn)
• Session 1 : October 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020
• Application Deadline Extended: 8/22/2019 11:59pm