Dig (Bound Brook, NJ)
This Deadline Expired: Monday, February 19, 2018
March 18th to April 26th., 2018
Opening Reception Sunday, March 18th, 2 to 5 pm
Existentially these are challenging times for free thinkers. We are continually bombarded with information designed to influence our every thought, feeling, and action. With perfect algorithmic efficiency, a trepidatious flow of tweets, alternative facts and fake news exudes an overwhelming sense of disturbing uneasiness. The lines between relevancy and irrelevancy, understanding and confu- sion, sense and nonsense disappear, as does trust, leaving us in a state of starvation for the truth. Fortunately for artists, our right to
free speech is still intact, so we can seek out the truth and DIG DEEPER.
For this juried exhibition we’re asking artists to define the idea of digging in any way, shape, or form. Some suggestions might include: exploration, research and analysis, investigation, excavation, as in mining, fracking, drilling etc., gardens, shovels, tunnels, pits and pipelines, of course bones, graves, buried treasure, dirt, and assorted holes of all sorts are welcome. As always, all media is accepted.
1. Exhibition is open to residents 18 years or older, living in NY, NJ and PA.
2. All media will be considered and must be original and by the artist.
3. We prefer that work be hand delivered to the gallery, but will accept pre-paid shipment of work preferably through the Post Office with return packaging to and from the gallery.
4. Art work must be wired and ready for hanging and/or installation and must not exceed 60” in any direction.
Please no saw tooth hangers. Size limitations for sculptural and video pieces will be considered individually.
5. Two dimensional works on paper and other fragile surfaces must be framed with glass or Plexiglas, except with special permission
6. All accepted art work must remain at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit. *Upon delivery of work, the gallery has the right to reject work that is not consistent with submitted digital images.
Fees There is no entry fee to enter the exhibit. Accepted artists pay upon delivery, a nominal fee of $25, by cash, check or money order payable to Hamilton Street Gallery to cover costs for promotional mailing, hanging, lighting and installation.
Hamilton Street Gallery charges 25% commission on art work sold. Sales will be finalized at the end of each exhibition.
Insurance Hamilton Street Gallery will provide insurance for work upon receiving art, during exhibition and up until work is picked up. We are not responsible for artwork while in transit to and from the gallery.
There are two ways to submit work:
A. Up to 5 digital file submissions will be accepted via email to email@example.com or
B. Up to 5 images on a CD rom can be mailed through the Post Office
1. All submissions must be in JPEG format in the order you would like them viewed with artist name and title of work. Images cannot be larger than 800 x 800 pixels at 72 DPI.
2. An image list on paper, numbered in the order in which they appear on the CD, including title of work, media, dimensions, date, and price.
3. One page resume (please include phone number and email address)
4. An artist statement (optional but encouraged)
5. An SASE for return of materials is requested
6. Video and performance artists should submit DVDs labeled with name, title, date and price
*(All submissions should be received, not post marked, by the deadline date.)
Please mail completed submission package in an envelope no larger than 9” x 12” to: Hamilton Street Gallery, P.O. Box
710, Bound Brook, New Jersey 08805. or email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallery Hours: Thursday 12 to 5 pm, Fridays 5:30 to 8 pm, Saturdays 1 to 5 pm and by appointment. 732-748-2092
Important dates to remember:
Submission Deadline – Monday, February 19th, 2018
Notification of acceptance by email – February, 24th, 2018.
Delivery Dates – Thursday March 8th., 12 to 5 pm.
Friday March 9th, 5 to 8 pm and Saturday March 10th 12 to 5 pm
Opening Reception – Sunday March 18th, 2018 2 to 5 pm.
Pick up dates – Thursday April 26th 12 to 5 pm,
Friday April 27th, 5 to 8 pm and Saturday April 28th 12 to 5 pm.