deadline: Saturday, December 30, 2023
About this Internship:
The InLiquid Internship Program will offer the experience of working in a nonprofit arts organization. Internships are designed primarily for undergraduate and graduate students, although open to anyone with a strong desire and commitment. Interns will work closely with InLiquid staff and will be involved with regular activities as well as special projects as needed.
The Editorial Intern will work under the supervision of the Membership Coordinator. They will assist with updating and creating pages on current gallery/museum exhibitions; researching member news, activities, and events for website and monthly newsletter; and _. Interns will be exposed to, and integrally involved in, many facets of a nonprofit visual arts organization. The interns will have a unique opportunity to gain expertise in web publication, both on the design end and the editorial end, and will develop an in-depth knowledge of a large and vibrant visual arts community. The ideal candidate will be web-savvy and have a strong interest in contemporary visual arts or art history, have strong writing skills, a keen eye for detail, and a willingness to learn. Experience in WordPress, InDesign/Photoshop, and/or basic HTML is a plus, but not essential.
Hours: This position involves a 3 to 6 month commitment, 12 – 16 hours a week. Hours and days of the week are flexible within InLiquid’s M-F, 10 am – 6 pm work week. While this internship is unpaid, academic credit may be received depending on the intern’s college program.
Responsibilities may include:
- Publish items from our event listings email to the website
- Generate and research content (photos, videos, graphics, stories, etc.) to share on InLiquid’s social sites and blog
- Help maintain and expand InLiquid’s social presence on multiple platforms
- Assist in maintaining the organization of the online shop by uploading and fact-checking artwork descriptions to the online shop
- Assist with data-entry of demographics info, artworks within our holdings management system, and other general info as needed
- Maintain a regular schedule, be punctual, and work effectively in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest and/or experience in Blogging, Academic Writing, and Article Writing (specifically about visual art strongly preferred)
- Strong communication skills; advanced grammar and writing skills
- Very strong attention to detail
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, self-starter who also works well within a team; takes direction well
- Familiarity with social networking sites, primarily Facebook, Instagram, and Buffer; generally computer savvy
- Ability to comfortably interact with InLiquid members and guests is necessary
Please send a resume highlighting relevant experience, cover letter, and a short writing sample (250-500 words) to Danielle Hanlon at Danielle@inliquid.org. This is not a paid internship but is available for credit with some colleges.