Employment Opportunity at Mural Arts!!!
Mural Arts Philadelphia is the largest public art initiative of its kind, dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. For over 30 years, Mural Arts has united artists and communities through a collaborative and equitable process, creating nearly 4,000 artworks that have transformed public spaces and individual lives. Mural Arts aims to empower people, stimulate dialogue, and build bridges of understanding with projects that attract artists from Philadelphia and around the world, and programs that focus on youth education, restorative justice, mental health and wellness, and public art and its preservation. Popular mural tours offer a firsthand glimpse into the inspiring stories behind Mural Arts’ iconic and unparalleled collection, which has earned Philadelphia worldwide recognition as the “City of Murals.”
Mural Arts seeks a Manager of Donor Stewardship. The successful candidate will possess a customer-service orientation and passion for connecting people with causes they care about. The Manager of Donor Stewardship builds relationships, ensures donor satisfaction, and supports strategic plan recommendations for growth in individual giving. This role also spends time developing and administering fundraising campaigns for projects, programs, and other organizational priorities, with a focus on new and entry-level donors. This position is full-time and reports to Mural Arts’ Director of Development.
● Use innovative techniques to build an inclusive and diverse donor base, and conduct outreach to establish new community connections
● Assist in portfolio management and in designing customized stewardship plans for mid-level and major donors
● Design and implement a standardized donor journey across multiple giving levels
● Utilize high-touch and creative techniques to personalize donor stewardship
● Create letters, packets, proposals, reports, and other written materials for individual donors
● Help lead strategy, implementation and tracking of appeals and targeted campaigns
● Assist with the design and delivery of donor engagement activities and events
● Manage Board, Advisory, or project committees, as assigned
● Accompany senior staff to networking and speaking events, as needed
● Ensure accurate and robust data collection in The Raiser’s Edge and provide donor data entry support to senior staff
● Some evening and weekend hours will be required
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Customer service experience
● Ability to work well within a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
● An optimistic attitude and sense of humor
● Ability to work collaboratively to meet departmental goals
● Comfort and ease with technology; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Adobe Illustrator preferred
● 3+ years experience in positions with comparable levels of responsibility
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
Mural Arts seeks candidates who value and demonstrate the following core competencies: committed problem solving, deep thinking & fearless creation, inquisitive learning, thoughtful communication, mindful collaboration, personal accountability, and a commitment to actively prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Mural Arts is pleased to offer a competitive and comprehensive health and dental benefits package.
Interested applicants must submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to Deana Frank, Director of Development at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until a hire is made.
Shiffonne K. Lindsey
Senior Finance Administrator
Mural Arts Philadelphia
The Lincoln Financial Mural Arts Center
at the Thomas Eakins House
1727-29 Mount Vernon Street