Employment Opportunity at Mural Arts! – Art Education Administrative Manager
This Deadline Expired: Sunday, February 7, 2021
Through participatory public art, Mural Arts Philadelphia ignites change; changing lives, places, and perspectives. We are catalysts, stimulating dialogue about critical issues and building bridges of connection and understanding across all neighborhoods of our city. Our nationally-recognized work is in service of a larger movement that values equity, fairness and progress across all of society. We listen with empathetic ears to understand the aspirations of our partners and participants, and through beautiful collaborative art, we engage Philadelphians with the inspiration and tools to seize their own future.
The Art Education Administrative Manager reports to the Director of Art Education and is responsible for supervising one key staff member and interns, managing departmental administration, coordinating the department’s summer Philadelphia Youth Network employment program, and planning major events. He/she/they will also be able to serve as an ambassador for the program, fostering relationships with existing and potential partners in multiple communities and contexts.
· Manage student databases including addition of new sites and classes each session, adding new staff and students, and revising data when needed.
· Compiling narrative and data information for grant proposals, funder visits, and interim and final reporting to funders; facilitating student and faculty session and year-ending surveys.
· Registration and Attendance: Contact for all registration questions and issues that may arise. Responsible for printing out attendance reports and reviewing with Program Managers on a routine basis.
· Manage and lead compliance for funder audits.
· Execute contract for programming with School District of Philadelphia by submitting insurance certificates, clearances, and site and safety forms.
· Manage Teaching Artist personnel, clearances, and onboarding requirements.
· Assist the Director in strategic yearly planning, department meetings, and program manager meetings as well as Teaching Artist labs and professional development.
· Develop and maintain all policies and procedures for the department.
· Administer departmental technology including hardware and software.
· Implement and monitor social media programs for the department.
· Create and maintain a yearly calendar including any revisions that need to be made throughout each session.
Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) Summer Program Coordination
· Monitor all summer grant and site requirements, manage budget, supervise student recruitment and enrollment, develop work plans and academic projects, hire and supervise the PYN Workready Monitor.
· Overseeing planning, timelines, reservations, publicity, and sales for department exhibitions and events including our annual student art exhibition.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Four-year degree in arts administration, art education or equivalent experience and knowledge.
· At least 1-3 years of experience working with youth in communities of color and opportunity youth populations in an in-school and/or out-of-school setting
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
· A knowledge and background in public, contemporary art, and/or muralism preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong supervisory and public presentation skills.
· Ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment, problem-solve, manage multiple tasks, and respond quickly to requests.
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships and partnerships in multiple communities and contexts.
· Ability to work in multiple settings with respect and humility, ie: Non-English dominant spaces, Queer and LGBTQ spaces, cultural and spiritual spaces and navigating gender assigned spaces.
· High level of organization.
· Aptitude to perform in confidential situations.
· Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, data management, web/internet utilization. Graphic software experience is a plus.
· Update-to-date Child Abuse, FBI and Criminal clearances.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to work flexible hours, such as evenings or weekends.
Mural Arts is pleased to offer a competitive comprehensive health and dental benefits package.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 7th.
For further information on Mural Arts Philadelphia, please visit www.muralarts.org.