Employment Opportunity at Mural Arts! – Arts Integration Program Manager
This Deadline Expired: Monday, January 1, 2018
Mural Arts Philadelphia unites artists and communities through a collaborative process, rooted in the traditions of mural-making, to create art that transforms public spaces and individual lives. Since its inception in 1984, Mural Arts has created more than 3,000 community driven murals and provided thousands of under-served youth and adults with award-winning arts education programming.
Mural Arts Philadelphia is seeking a full-time Arts Integration Program Manager for its Art Education department, which serves over 2000 opportunity youth annually through in and out-of-school programming at 25+ sites across the city.
In 2012, the Art Education department began a new chapter, establishing multi-year arts integration partnerships with charter and public schools across the city. The Arts Integration Program Manager facilitates the development of each partnership and oversees the in-school and after school programming and professional development at each site. The ideal candidate will have a background in youth education, experience with arts integration, and strong facilitation and partnership-building skills.
· Facilitate the continuation and development of our arts integration partnerships at three or more charter and public school sites.
· Coordinate and facilitate planning meetings with teaching artists, school staff and faculty on a regular basis.
· Work with the Director of Art Education and Mural Arts leadership to develop the vision for and future direction of the existing arts integration program model.
· Guide and develop a team of teaching artists dedicated to fulfilling the goals of the Arts Integration program.
· Facilitate a network of participating classroom teachers as a learning co-hort and organize professional development for the classroom teachers as a group.
· Ensure program quality at after school and in-school classrooms through regular site visits.
· Manage the budget and finances for program and projects at each arts integration site.
· Collaborate on program-related marketing and public relations efforts with assistance from the Communications/Public Engagement department.
· Assist with documentation and evaluation of program,
· Ensure program consistently in alignment with grant requirements, and working with the Development department on interim and final reports and funder site visits.
· Coordinate the execution of the medium-sized and large public art projects associated with each arts integration site. This entails obtaining necessary authorizations from property owners and any other entities that have oversight
Department and Mural Arts Program Support
· Serve as an ambassador for the Mural Arts Program through positive interactions with the public during trolley tours, fundraising events and important occasions.
· Cultivate relationships with guest speakers and other experts in the field who can be resources for faculty.
· Support the art education department by sharing resources, sharing updates, supporting labs, meeting regularly and supporting project related events. Support opportunities for collaboration, such as the Youth Pipeline, student scholarship opportunities and summer internships.
Education and Experience:
· Four-year degree in arts administration, art education or equivalent experience and knowledge. Advanced degree preferred.
· At least 3-5 years of experience working with youth in communities of color and opportunity youth populations in an in-school and/or out-of-school setting, including development of project-based curriculum and lesson plans.
Skills and Requirements:
· Knowledge of various arts education pedagogy – arts infusion, arts integration, project-based learning.
· Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care, Restorative Practice and Youth Mental Health.
· Knowledge and background in public, contemporary art, and/or muralism preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong supervisory and public presentation skills.
· Ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment, problem-solve, manage multiple tasks, and respond quickly to requests.
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships and partnerships in multiple communities and contexts.
· Understanding of Systemic and Institutional Racism with Pro-Justice focus
· Ability to work in multiple settings with respect and humility, ie: Non-English dominant spaces, Queer and LGBTQ spaces, cultural and spiritual spaces and navigating gender assigned spaces.
· Understanding that intersectionality exists and that we need to meet people where they are and hold space for dialogue on privilege and power.
· High level of organization.
· Aptitude to perform in confidential situations.
· Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, data management, web/internet utilization. Graphic software experience such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
· Update-to-date Child Abuse, FBI and Criminal clearances.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to work flexible hours, such as evenings or weekends.
Please provide cover letter with resume and references by Friday, December 1st to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your minimum salary requirement.
For further information on Mural Arts Philadelphia, please visit www.muralarts.org.