Employment Opportunity at Mural Arts! – Assistant to the Executive Director
This Deadline Expired: Monday, May 31, 2021
The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program unites artists and communities through a collaborative process, rooted in the traditions of mural-making, to create art that transforms public spaces and individual lives. Since its inception in 1984, Mural Arts has created more than 3,000 community driven murals and provided thousands of under-served youth and adults with award-winning arts education programming.
· Excellent calendar management skills, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants to coordinate a variety of complex meetings and appointments. Maintain recurring meetings, reschedule as directed, and communicate changes in a timely manner. Distribute email confirmations and reminders to participants in advance of the meeting.
· Answer phones and take clear and comprehensive messages. Route and screen all phone, voice mail and email messages for the Executive Director.
· Experience drafting written correspondence at the senior level.
· Process corporate card transactions for Executive Director and track Executive Director’s expense/receipts; timely submission to the finance department.
· Assist management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations for a variety of audiences.
· Manage travel arrangements, including flight, hotels, reservations, etc.
· Prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
· Maintain good working relationships and collaborate with departments to ensure the flow of information.
· Submit timesheets.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to type a minimum of 50 words a minute.
· At least three years of administrative assistant at the executive level.
· Strong organization skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Effective interpersonal skills to successfully interact with colleagues at Mural Arts, the City of Philadelphia, arts community, consultants, funders and the general public with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
· Skilled in analyzing information, situations, practices and procedures to solve or define problems.
· Experienced in complex and comfortable scheduling, travel, meeting and event planning.
· Time and stress management skills.
· Maintain and understand issues of confidentiality.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Strong knowledge of Google Workspace, including calendar, docs, sheets, etc.
· Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
· At least four years of related experience required.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- This is a full-time exempt salaried position. Mural Arts offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. The annual salary is $47,500.
- Anticipated start date: June 14, 2021.
For further information on the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program, please visit www.muralarts.org.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Alyse.Bernstein@muralarts.org specifying you are applying for the position of “Assistant to the Executive Director”. Resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted.
Deadline to apply: May 31, 2021.
No phone calls please.