Employment Opportunity at Mural Arts! – Development Associate
deadline: Thursday, March 11, 2021
Mural Arts seeks a Development Associate. This individual is essential to the execution of day-to-day operations of the Development Department. The main areas of responsibility include data entry and database maintenance, donor services, and departmental administration. They will also have opportunities to contribute to grant reporting, event support, develop relationships with donors, partners, and vendors, and be involved in other departmental activities.
Mural Arts seeks candidates who value and demonstrate the following core competencies: committed problem solving, deep thinking & fearless creation, inquisitive learning, thoughtful communication, mindful collaboration, personal accountability, and a commitment to actively prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
This position is full-time and reports to the Manager of Development Operations.
- Accurately completes daily gift entry following established department policies and procedures.
- Accurately prepares and distributes donor correspondence including acknowledgment letters per established department timeline.
- Assists Manager of Development Operations with Board administration including meeting materials preparation, recording and preparing minutes, and maintaining of board records.
- Assists with the creation of sponsorship packets and contributes to grants reporting.
- Assists with routine and special appeal mailings.
- Generates pledge reminders following established department policies.
- Provides back-up for Raiser’s Edge/Financial Edge posting and reconciliation with the Finance Department.
- Coordinate benefits fulfillment for annual campaigns and special campaigns.
- Processes development event registrations, ticket sales, and RSVPs.
- Maintains the integrity of all donor data across individual, corporate, foundation, and government donors. Works closely with the Manager of Development Operations to ensure data health and integrity.
- Implements the document management procedures for the department, including hard copy and digital files. Scans and stores original gift documentation.
- Respond to list/data requests from the development team. Create queries and simple reports for mailings or data analysis based on requests.
- Properly codes expenses for monthly departmental credit card reconciliation and tracks expenses against budget.
- Acts as representative of the department and Mural Arts at meetings, events, through answering phones, and responding to email inquiries in a friendly, well-informed, and professional manner.
- Conduct prospect research and maintains a high degree of confidentiality concerning any materials or information relating to donor records.
The successful candidate will possess:
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Organized and methodical approach to work
· Strong analytical abilities and commitment to problem-solving
· High degree of confidentiality concerning information relating to donor records
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment
· Ability to work collaboratively to meet departmental goals
· Desire to be situated in nonprofit Development department and learn about Development services and operations
· Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or comparable data entry experience strongly preferred
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience (2-3 years) strongly preferred
Mural Arts is pleased to offer a competitive and comprehensive health and dental benefits package. Salary range is mid to high $30,000s.
Interested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to Dane Allison, Manager of Development Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until a hire is made.