Employment Opportunity at Mural Arts! – Part-Time Accounts Payable Specialist
This Deadline Expired: Friday, July 30, 2021
MURAL ARTS PHILADELPHIA
Mural Arts Philadelphia is the nation’s largest public art program, dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. For over 30 years, Mural Arts has united artists and communities through a collaborative and equitable process, creating over 4,000 artworks that have transformed public spaces and individual lives. Mural Arts aims to empower people, stimulate dialogue, and build bridges to understanding with projects that attract artists from Philadelphia and around the world, and programs that focus on youth education, restorative justice, mental health and wellness, and public art and its preservation. Popular mural tours offer a firsthand glimpse into the inspiring stories behind Mural Arts’ iconic and unparalleled collection, which has earned Philadelphia worldwide recognition as the “City of Murals.”
The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Contracts, Insurance and Accounts Payable Specialist.
· Process payments for all outside vendors and independent contractors
· Collect & process vendor invoices for payment
· Submit proper reports to the bank
· Print and mail checks on a weekly basis
· Maintain organized file for each vendor
· Collect tax information from all contractors/vendors/artists
· Work with MAP staff and vendors to settle any disputes over charges and follow- up with vendors to ensure we are in good standing
· Track and issue all independent contractors 1099s
· Track contracted payments and hours for lead artist and assistant artists
· Review employees credit card charges for appropriate coding and descriptions
· Ability to problem solve by anticipating issues
· Attention to detail and highly organized
· Take responsibility and ownership of assigned duties
· Reporting accurate and timely information
· Good math skills and any general accounting knowledge
· Proficiency with Financial Edge and Excel a plus
· Deadline-Oriented and ability to work under pressure
· Strong communication skills and an ability to work well with others
· Efficient time management
· Self- Motivated
· Prior Accounts Payable experience is preferred.
Mural Arts seeks candidates who value and demonstrate the following core competencies: committed problem solving, deep thinking & fearless creation, inquisitive learning, thoughtful communication, mindful collaboration, personal accountability, and a commitment to actively prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
This is a part-time non-exempt position working 24 hours per week (typically Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) and provides a $20 per hourly rate.
Anticipated start date: August 16, 2021
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Dakota Plourde at Dakota.Plourde@muralarts.org, specifying you are applying for the position of “Part-Time Accounts Payable Specialist.” Resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted. Deadline to apply: July 30, 2021. No phone calls, please.
For more information, call 215-685-0750 or visit muralarts.org. Follow Mural Arts on social media: @muralarts on Twitter and Instagram, MuralArtsPhiladelphia on Facebook, and phillymuralarts on YouTube.