Employment Opportunity at Mural Arts! – Social Media and Marketing Manager
This Deadline Expired: Friday, June 4, 2021
The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program unites artists and communities through a collaborative process, rooted in the traditions of mural-making, to create art that transforms public spaces and individual lives. Since its inception in 1984, Mural Arts has created more than 3,000 community driven murals and provided thousands of under-served youth and adults with award-winning arts education programming.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Brand Management and a member of Mural Arts’ communications team, the Social Media and Marketing Manager plays a key role in furthering the mission of the organization through our robust and dynamic social media presence, driving awareness and engagement with a broad array of stakeholders.
· Developing a social content calendar and executing Mural Arts’ social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, with a strong emphasis on visual content and video.
· Tracking and reporting on related data, analytics, and trends.
· Developing benchmarks and goals for social media engagement, both short-term and long-term, as well as strategies and tactics for meeting said goals.
· Creating and disseminating original content, including contests, video, live events, social advertising, and other duties as assigned. Responsible for developing and managing social media sponsorship opportunities in collaboration with the development and communications team.
· Responsible for volunteer and internal communications and assisting with marketing and public relations duties, including calendar updates, social media influencer outreach, and local and national arts publication outreach.
· Researching new opportunities for social outreach and building awareness with new audiences.
· Brainstorming and implementing creative and dynamic means of content delivery and community engagement, and researching best practices and emerging tactics.
· Must be available to attend evening and weekend events as needed.
Education and Experience:
· A BA or BS, or equivalent experience and knowledge.
· Minimum of four years of professional experience in social media management with exposure to marketing and public relations, ideally with a focus in arts and culture.
· Proficiency with MS Office is required as well as basic graphic design and video editing skills.
· Good project management and time management skills are required.
· Must be able to attend some evening and weekend events when required.
· Experience working with local and/or national media and social media influencers are preferred.
· Broad knowledge of and engagement with Philadelphia’s diverse communities and neighborhoods is preferred.
· A good team player with a positive attitude and ability to think creatively and out of the box.
This is a full-time exempt salaried position. Mural Arts offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. The annual salary is $42,000.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Chad Eric Smith at email@example.com specifying you are applying for the position of “Social Media and Marketing Manager”. Resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted. Deadline to apply: June 4, 2021.
No phone calls please.