Employment Opportunity at Mural Arts – Social Media and Marketing Manager
This Deadline Expired: Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Deadline February 8: The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program is a public private partnership dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. We create art with others to transform places, individuals, communities and institutions. Through this work, we establish new standards of excellence in the practice of public and contemporary art. Our process empowers artists to be change agents, stimulates dialogue about critical issues, and builds bridges of connection and understanding. Our work is created in service of a larger movement that values equity, fairness and progress across all of society. We listen with empathetic ears to understand the aspirations of our partners and participants. And through beautiful collaborative art, we provide people with the inspiration and tools to seize their own future.
Annually, Mural Arts engages more than 25,000 people. This includes more than 2,000 who enroll in ongoing art and muralism workshops offered by our Art Education, Restorative Justice, and Porch Light programs; more than 8,000 who co-create our stunning works of public art; and more than 15,000 who tour our multi-neighborhood collection. Annually, we produce between 50 and 100 temporary and permanent pieces which together tell an incredible story of Philadelphia’s beauty and resilience.
Mural Arts is seeking a Social Media and Marketing Manager to be part of its Communications and Brand Marketing team. This team implements the communications strategy designed to engage the public and propel our organization’s mission, and is responsible for promoting and communicating the impact of each facet of the organization within the parameters and discipline of the organization’s brand guidelines. Through excellent support for program and fundraising divisions, the Communications and Brand Marketing department works on messaging clarity and impact, always positioning Mural Arts as a world leader in public art and civic engagement and social transformation. The Social Media and Marketing Manager is responsible for content delivery on various platforms, and is expected to develop enhanced and engaging strategies for the packaging, branding, and timing of content to Mural Arts audiences.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Execute Mural Arts’ social media presence on various platforms, and track and report on related data, analytics, and trends
· Develop benchmarks and goals for social media engagement, both short-term and long-term, as well as tactics for meeting said goals
· Implement creative and dynamic means of storytelling and content delivery, as well as strategies for pushing out that content to appropriate audiences on various platforms
· Design and execute e-blasts and develop benchmarks and goals for enhanced performance data, including open and click-through rates
· Shepherd the production, mailing, and distribution of print collateral, including but not limited to: brochures, flyers, postcards, newsletters, one-pagers, annual reports, etc.
· Develop presentations for executive director and other senior staff, in collaboration with other communications team members
· Research beneficial advertising opportunities and strategic media partnerships, alongside the communications director
· Write for occasional public relations work, including press releases and media advisories, and pitch stories to news outlets and reporters
· Proofread copy and maintain house style on behalf of the department and Mural Arts staff
· Research emerging tactics and best practices in the social media and marketing fields
· Manage social media and/or marketing interns
· Minimum of three years of experience in editorial, marketing, social media, and/or public relations fields, ideally with a focus in arts and culture
· Ability to write strategically and effectively for a variety of social media and marketing platforms and for various audience and stakeholder groups
· Advanced knowledge of popular social media platforms and new trends in the field
· General experience and interest in public relations, including press pitching and writing press releases and media advisories
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks
· Prior experience with ad buys and managing budgets
· Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening) and collaboration/team skills
· Must be able to attend evening and weekend events when required
· A BA or BS in related field, or equivalent experience and knowledge
· Knowledge of the temporary and public art worlds is preferred
· Experience working with outside vendors and contractors
· Prior press contacts ideal, from local and national outlets
· Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is ideal
· Proficiency with MS Office and email marketing platforms (e.g. Campaign Monitor) is required
· Experience using Adobe Design Suite and WordPress a plus
Salary: Competitive compensation in the low-40s, depending on experience, plus comprehensive health and dental benefits.
Please provide cover letter with resume and references by Monday, February 8th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Social Media Manager” in your subject line.
For further information on the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program, please visit www.muralarts.org.