Employment Opportunity – Work Ready Program Monitor
This Deadline Expired: Friday, February 8, 2019
The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program is a public private partnership dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. We create art with others to transform places, individuals, communities and institutions. Through this work, we establish new standards of excellence in the practice of public and contemporary art. Our process empowers artists to be change agents, stimulates dialogue about critical issues, and builds bridges of connection and understanding. Our work is created in service of a larger movement that values equity, fairness and progress across all of society. We listen with empathetic ears to understand the aspirations of our partners and participants. And through beautiful collaborative art, we provide people with the inspiration and tools to seize their own future.
Annually, Mural Arts engages more than 25,000 people. This includes more than 2,000 who enroll in ongoing art and muralism workshops offered by our Art Education, Restorative Justice, and Porch Light programs; more than 8,000 who co-create our stunning works of public art; and more than 15,000 who tour our multi-neighborhood collection. Annually, we produce between 50 and 100 temporary and permanent pieces which together tell an incredible story of Philadelphia’s beauty and resilience.
Mural Arts Education partners with the Philadelphia Youth Network’s (PYN) Work Ready Program to provide summer programming and employment opportunities for youth enrolled in the Art Education program. Youth work in teams at sites across Philadelphia with Teaching Artists on various large or small scale mural projects. Mural Arts seeks a Work Ready Program Monitor to complete the logistical coordination required to be a part of the PYN summer program.
- Contacting interested students and/or their parents to schedule appointments to complete the paperwork enrollment process.
- Maintain contact with PYN to stay abreast of any updates in the enrollment process and general programming.
- Maintaining electronic and paper student enrollment and payroll files for MAP and PYN.
- Serve as liaison for PYN and MAP for all site visits by program monitors.
- Ensure that sites are running in compliance with PYN standards.
- Visit all sites weekly.
- Provide regular reports and meet with MAP staff weekly.
This temporary, part-time position will run 15-20 hours/week, from February to mid-August – mostly weekends and evenings from mid-February to June, and mostly Monday, Thursday, and Fridays in the mornings and afternoons July through mid-August. A driver’s license with reliable vehicle or eligibility to join the Mural Arts Program Zip Car account and criminal and child abuse background checks are required for this position.
- Experience managing multiple work sites.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to respond well to changing demands in a fast paced work environment.
- Experience working with high school aged youth preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with a variety of student and peer staff members.
Send cover letter, resume and contact information for two references to Jessica Im at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8, 2019 with “Work Ready Program Monitor” in the subject line. No phone calls please.