First Street Gallery Open Call: 9 for 19
This Deadline Expired: Saturday, September 10, 2022
First Street Gallery announces a unique exhibition opportunity, “9 for 19,” opening January 4, 2023 held in our Chelsea Gallery located at 526 West 26th Street Suite 209, New York, NY 10001.
The show will highlight a select group of nine artists, who will have an exhibition area of approximately 14’ x 12’ of wall space (not necessarily contiguous). Artists with 3D work will be given the equivalent amount of floor space. Selected artists may, within reason, use their space in whatever manner they feel shows their work to its best advantage. Artists will be required to submit a planned layout prior to installation and are strongly encouraged to install their own work.
- Open to artists nationwide, 18 years and older.
- Exception: Artists currently represented by First Street Gallery
- Eligible works include ORIGINAL oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, drawings, prints, mixed media, photography, film, installation, and sculpture in any medium. Work does not need to be framed, but must be wired and ready for hanging. D-rings should be used for heavy works. 2D works on paper do not have to be framed under plexi-glass or glass, but must have the proper hanging hardware for installation.
- Sculptors must provide floor stand. (The gallery has a small number of stands which may be available for small sculpture, if your work is chosen please contact the gallery immediately if you wish to use one of ours.) Wall hung sculpture: maximum weight 30 lbs. Must have securely attached wire or other fixture(s) to hang. No work can be hung from ceiling or pipes.
- Accepted work may be refused if it does not conform to the entered image.
- Additional work that was not included in the original/accepted 5 submissions will be considered on a case by case basis. Approval of additional work is required.
- All work must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- The gallery will take a 10% commission on any work sold.
- Work not for sale must be marked “N.F.S.” No “P.O.R.” sales.
The fee is $50 for 5 works. Five images are required. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Learn more and apply here.