Fleisher Art Memorial Education Programs Coordinator
This Deadline Expired: Tuesday, February 15, 2022
Under the supervision of Fleisher’s Director of Education, the Education Programs Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating operational details to ensure that Fleisher is delivering educational programs of the highest quality. As a core member of Fleisher’s programs team, the Education Programs Coordinator will provide weekly updates on operational matters as well as supervising studio support staff, including monitors and models.
The Education Programs Coordinator serves as the main point of contact to ensure that the needs of faculty, models, teaching assistants, and studio monitors are met with professionalism, efficiency, and grace.
This position requires a skill set similar to that of an office manager: it requires a highly organized person with strong communication skills, financial acumen, and excellent attention to detail. Flexible hours are required: generally, hours are 11:00 am – 7:00 pm on weekdays and 8:00 am – 4:00 pm on Saturdays during the school term, with the flexibility to accommodate key times for registration, orientations, and end-of-term surveys. During non-school hours between terms, there is also flexibility with hours.
Learn more and apply here.
- Hire, train, and supervise models and monitors to ensure professional and effective student experience, classroom management, and daily studio operations.
- Models: scheduling, payroll, substitutions, training, and professional development.
- Purchasing and stocking supplies for classes and activities.
- Handle requests for equipment and supply needs.
- Oversee class schedule and room set-up.
- Ensure that common areas are stocked with appropriate signage, registration, and marketing materials.
- Equipment oversight, and training staff for assistance with set-up.
- Studio oversight, including submitting work orders to facilities manager for general repairs and maintenance.
- Monitor credit card use per budgeted expenses.
- Support program staff in maintaining IT and digital media needs.
- Two to three years of administrative experience, ideally as an office manager or in an arts administration/nonprofit organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable computer skills, such as database entry, accounting software, and Excel.
- Capable of setting up and troubleshooting meeting tools such as projectors, computers, etc.
- Interest in local cultural programming and commitment to supporting Fleisher’s mission of making art accessible to everyone, regardless of economic means, background, or artistic experience.
- Additional language skills (especially Spanish) highly preferred but not required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record preferred but not required.
Success in this position requires the candidate to be a smart, thoughtful, and clear communicator, who values open feedback and is supportive of a team-oriented environment. The Education Programs Coordinator is focused on the exemplary management of the business and operating culture of Fleisher’s art school.
This role requires strong collaborative work skills, empathy, and natural diplomatic ability. Fleisher is seeking a candidate for this role who is patient, open to change, and interested in continual professional development. The ideal candidate for this position is always looking outside of the organization to identify best practices and find ways to implement them as Education Programs Coordinator.
Physical requirements: unpacking heavy boxes and distributing contents to various locations in the building; locking up the building at end-of-day, which requires the ability to move heavy gates safely.
Salary Range is $34,500 – $37,000 per annum. Fleisher employees receive a competitive compensation package, including options to enroll in health, dental, life insurance, and pension plans; a Philadelphia Museum of Art (PMA) employee badge that provides access to museums nationwide; and access to educational and professional development opportunities.
If this description seems like a good match for your personality, skills, and career goals, please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references (all in one document). No phone calls, please. Applications for this position will be accepted until February 15th, 2022, or until filled. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Fleisher’s core values lead them to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve their mission and to maintain a diverse and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, they are committed to employment practices that ensure employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Fleisher strongly encourages individuals from marginalized and underrepresented groups to apply. Fleisher is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT FLEISHER ART MEMORIAL
Founded by industrialist Samuel S. Fleisher in 1898 as one of the nation’s first community-based art centers, Fleisher Art Memorial was and is renowned for its mission of making art accessible to everyone, regardless of economic means, background, or artistic experience. Fleisher continues to provide free and low-cost studio art classes along with opportunities for emerging and seasoned artists to exhibit their work. Extensive arts education and community-based programming also reflects the organization’s commitment to strengthening communities by developing, sharing, and promoting creative resources. To learn more, visit fleisher.org.