Independence Seaport Museum—Assistant Director of Digital Marketing
This Deadline Expired: Sunday, September 30, 2018
The Assistant Director of Digital Marketing creates marketing content to support Independence Seaport Museum. S/he works on department strategy and implementation of marketing materials, such as social media, emails, websites, videos, and advertising content for digital media. S/he also assists with PR and media relations as needed.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills, and ability to frame and draft compelling messages required.
- Proficient with Adobe Design Suite, basic HTML, and CSS.
- Strong project-management and organizational skills.
- Experience in education or nonprofit strongly preferred.
- Experience with press and media relations preferred.
- Experience working through a website launch that significantly enhanced user experience a plus.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in website management, content strategy, and/or digital marketing.
- The ideal candidate will be flexible, resourceful, detail-oriented, and proactive with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor.
- Develop digital cultivation strategies and ensure marketing tactics are implemented on time and within budget.
- Serve as website producer ensuring consistency of website content and strategy across digital properties.
- Oversee Independence Seaport Museum’s email and social media marketing efforts.
- Serve as key point of contact for email vendor and digital advertising outlets.
- Regularly audit Independence Seaport Museum’s digital content and develop strategies, production timelines and asset requirements to keep content fresh and timely.
- Research and recommend features, functions, and solutions to create compelling digital content that enhances Independence Seaport Museum’s ability to reach and engage a broader constituency.
- Ensure integration of content across channels.
- Manage multi-channel digital campaign calendar, collaborating closely with colleagues across departments.
- Manage internal production for updates to Independence Seaport Museum websites including planning, process and policy development, monitoring, and metrics and reporting.
- Coordinate regular team meetings to ensure digital marketing and web strategies are aligned with organizational priorities and events.
- Define and manage SEO/SEM strategies to increase search engine rankings.
- Manage metrics reporting and analysis of the website performance and online communications efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply: Send a brief cover letter, two work samples, and your resume in an e-mail to Alexis Furlong at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Independence Seaport Museum deepens the appreciation, understanding, and experience of the Philadelphia region’s waterways through history, science, art, and connecting communities. For more information, please visit phillyseaport.org.
Independence Seaport Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its visitors, board, and staff. The museum does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status. People demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are encouraged to apply.