InLiquid Call for Entries: Wind Scholarship
deadline: Wednesday, November 11, 2020
InLiquid is inviting applications for our first ever Wind Scholarship for the year 2020/2021! This scholarship, generously funded by the Dina Wind Foundation for the Arts, provides one year of scholarship at InLiquid, including promotion and career services, for five excellent visual artists under the age of 30. The applicants will be reviewed by a panel of outstanding jurors from around the greater Philadelphia art community. As a catalyst for your career as an artist, the Wind Scholarship creates unique opportunities for artists looking to make connections and improve their career trajectory.
The membership includes:
- An extensive profile on our website that receives over 100,000 unique views per year
- Group exhibition of all new InLiquid members
- Increased contacts with curators, collectors, and fellow emerging and established artists
- Promotion of your artistic practice and events through our newsletter with an audience of over 7,000 subscribers
- Career development workshops to help you apply for residencies, professionally document your work, market your work, and more
- An exclusive profile on InLiquid’s ever-growing Artsy web page, where collectors view and purchase work
Additional scholarship benefits:
- Review and feedback from influential curator panelists
- Winners receive special press release and marketing of award-winners
- Individual blog spotlight stories on each winner
- Group exhibition of scholarship & fellowship winners
- Private reception with award recipients, jurors, and the Wind family
Artists will be selected based on the excellence of their work and their potential to benefit from InLiquid membership. The scholarship was created to serve artists under 30*, at a time when many artists struggle to establish and maintain a professional artistic practice. To further honor the legacy of sculptor, Dina Wind, the scholarship program encourages women, LGBTQ artists, and/or sculptors to apply.
InLiquid is grateful for the generosity of The Dina Wind Art Foundation and the Wind Family for their support of diverse visual artists with InLiquid.
Application deadline: November 11, 2020
Notification: December 11, 2020
- Gregory Brellochs, Professor and Visual and Performing Arts, Chair, Camden County College
- Leila Cartier, Executive Director, Craft Now
- David Dempewolf, Resident Seminar Critic, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts & Marginal Utility Gallery
- Michael Grothusen, Associate Professor of Sculpture, University of the Arts
- Leah Modigliani, Associate Professor of Visual Studies, Tyler School of Art and Architecture
- Yuka Yokoyama, Marginal Utility Gallery
- Emily Zilber, Director of Curatorial Affairs and Strategic Partnerships, Wharton Esherick Museum
- Jennifer Zwilling, Curator of Artistic Programs, The Clay Studio
For 20 years, InLiquid has served as a unique resource for artists and the community, providing free contemporary art programming throughout Philadelphia, serving the region’s artists and audiences. Through its public programming, InLiquid seeks to educate audiences about local artists and the value of Philadelphia’s diverse cultural community. InLiquid curates and presents over 40 exhibitions annually through extensive venue partnerships throughout Philadelphia, and through our flagship gallery at the Crane Arts building. At the heart of its mission, InLiquid seeks to make vital services accessible to artists.
About The Dina Wind Foundation
The Dina Wind Art Foundation was established in 2018 with the mission of preserving and increasing awareness of Dina Wind’s art and supporting the arts (primarily in the Philadelphia region) through a variety of charitable activities. Wind painted in the 1970s and mid-’80s, then switched mediums to metal sculpture, which she studied in studio classes in the late ’70s. Her work included metal sculptures, wall-mounted installations, and room-size environments. Her work has been described as “drawing in space.”
*If you do not feel that you are eligible for this scholarship, but would benefit from an InLiquid membership and need financial assistance, please contact our office for more information on discounts, payment plans, and how to apply. We are here for you and your creative endeavors.