Keyholder Residency 2022-23
deadline: Thursday, September 1, 2022
Lower East Side Printshop, NY, offers emerging artists FREE year-long studio residencies to develop new work and foster their artistic careers. The application deadline is September 1, 2022 for residencies that begin on October 1, 2022. Printmaking facilities are available for intaglio, relief, monotype, waterbased screenprinting, digital processes, and other techniques that employ the tools at hand.
Keyholders work independently in the Printshop’s shared Artists’ Studio and have access to a vibrant community of peers. Artists from all disciplines are eligible to apply; printmaking skills are not required, but some familiarity with the medium is recommended.
Participation is limited and competitive. Applications are evaluated by a panel of seasoned artists, curators, and art professionals based on the quality of submitted artwork. Emerging artists without a studio are highly encouraged to apply.
Keyholder Residency includes:
• 24/7, one-year access to a shared studio with printmaking facilities
• $1,000 stipend
• Free career development workshops and salons
• Group exhibition opportunities
• Consultation hours with Printshop’s master printers
• Only US residents may apply (Social Security number required).
• Students enrolled in any degree program at the time of the residency are not eligible.
• Keyholder Residencies are limited to emerging artists only. The Printshop defines emerging artists as under-recognized and under-represented artists in early stages in their careers.
1. Up to 8 images of recent work (JPEG format)
2. Image list: your name, work title, year, medium, and dimensions (PDF Format)
3. Artistic resume (PDF Format)
4. Application form on our website
DEADLINE: September 1, 2022 11:59PM EST
Apply online: http://www.printshop.org/keyholder-residencies/application-form/
For more information, contact: 212-673-5390 or firstname.lastname@example.org